CBR streetfighter project

Old 12-18-2003, 06:06 PM

james99099 is an unknown quantity at this point
CBR streetfighter project

This is my cbr f2 winter project. I bought it back in june and got it to run and stunted it. Now that is is cold again I have decided to put some more mods on it. I have added a factory jet kit and vance and hines ignition advance to compliment the two brothers exhaust. Also I added 3 teeth in the rear and minus 1 in the front. new forks seals with 15w oil. I will have to get longer lines so I'm going with stainless steel. unless someother stock lines will work? 929 perhaps? I swapped out my clipons for the sv bars. this should make this a wheelie son of a &%^#$. Do not wheelie the sv, I blew one motor already gotta love that warranty!!! Now the sv is my canyon carver. I am also going to go with the cyclops headlight from acerbis as I want this to be street legal(minus mirrors & blinkers) who needs them. the throttle cables work but get a little tight full turn to the right any suggestions? Rhino liner gas tank $8 from walmart and polished rims and gas cap compliments of my new dremel. If you want a quick flip license plate use wire ties. tell me what you think guys love it or hate it. I know i'm going to catch hell for the sv bars. check out the pics in my member pages.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:10 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
ur on the right path, i'd ditch the bars and invert ur old clip ons (turn upside down and swap sides) works like a charm and helps kill stoppies and burns!, dont bar it either, cut the pipe a bit (if it hits) and crush that tail!
Old 12-20-2003, 07:14 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DLish
ur on the right path, i'd ditch the bars and invert ur old clip ons (turn upside down and swap sides) works like a charm and helps kill stoppies and burns!, dont bar it either, cut the pipe a bit (if it hits) and crush that tail!
don't listen to him, he knows nothing put those dirtbike bars on it and pimp it!

i honestly wouldn't worry about jetting it and ****. leave it stock and gear it more. once you jet it you'll have to screw with it more and more to get it running right and you'll be fouling plugs and stuff....stock carbs work just fine. the power you gain won't be worth the trouble. especially if you cause it to havea dead spot in the throttle.....i couldn't ever get that to stop on my race bike so i went back to stock carbs and didn't have it anymore.

you want more throttle response and stuff, put a bigger sprocket on it.

very pimp bike, we have 3 of them in our collection for stunt bikes!
Old 12-20-2003, 07:30 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Location: The Roughest Ghetto In The World (Ramadi, Iraq) USMC
fabes can only hope to improve
go with the stainless steal break lines, so they dont expand like stock lines when you hit the breaks. better for the stoppies, but you prob already knew this.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:20 PM
back in the saddle again

ya, we use parts unlimited universal SS lines. They have banjos that accept the universal lines,a nd you order them to length. measure from the caliper to the master cylinder on both sides and then add about 3" to that and order that length. You're looking about 15$ each line (2 lines) then 4 banjo bolts at like 3-4$ each. not too terribly bad for interchangable lines.

parts unlimited has these.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:50 AM

james99099 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the brake line info i was going crazy to find were to get them. can you give me the website url. all I can find is the dealer site/catalogs site.
Thanks
Old 12-21-2003, 12:03 PM

Loopy is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds PIMP ...but!! I have stunted my SV for over a year now and have NEVER had any problems as far as the oil, stalls at 12 or any of the stuff I hear about them!! I don't know why but mine just donesn't do that ****.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:54 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally posted by james99099
thanks for the brake line info i was going crazy to find were to get them. can you give me the website url. all I can find is the dealer site/catalogs site.
Thanks
umm....i don't know, i went to my local dealership and they had a parts unlimited catelouge.

if you get part numbers, pm CHAD OTE on here and he could order them for you.