05-06 zx6r subframe options

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 11:50 PM

Clay Matheson is a decent person
05-06 zx6r subframe options

I have my heart set on an 05-06 zx6r as my next bike. I will be commuting(around town) on it, but also stunting it a good bit. I have everything planned out except the subframe. I know they are extremely weak and putting a round bar just adds leverage to bend them so I was wondering what some options are. Is there room to weld significant bracing while still fitting fairings? Would a 12 bar that goes back to a stronger point on the subframe work? Or is my only option an aftermarket subframe. I know sickinnovations has one, but I want to have all the fairings still. I know a lot of people let the exhuast take the abuse, but I'll most likely have a slip on that I don't want to beat up.

If anyone has any ideas or know of any solutions I'd really appreciate it. I've finally gotten into stunting a little on my supermoto and I'm really excited to step it up.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:49 AM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person
Re: 05-06 zx6r subframe options

racing905 makes a nice round bar that fits into the rear brake light location with no fairing modification since this is gonna be a ridin around bike too. Save ur money on an aftermarket subframe. I only ran stock ones years ago and I've only broke one and bent one and that cause I beat the hell out of it. as long as u don't abuse it u will be fine. 05-06 was a great bike. Ull like it
Old 02-16-2016, 10:48 AM

One of the reasons I'm interested in doing the brace or sometihng custom is I don't want a round bar coming out of the taillight. I'd rather have to cut the fairings and have the roundbar come out around and just above the taillight(the goal would be to make this look really clean which may or may not be reasonable). Unless I can find a really clean taillight option that will work with the round bar, if I could find that then I'd do it that way.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:30 PM
www.GSENick.com

I'm confused.... Are u making the round bar? Cause everyone that's avail to buy comes out of the tail light section. Also the mounts for the tail light are on the side where u are talking about the bar coming out of. So it won't be able to retain the stock tail light unless u glued it in. They have other tail light options. If it's going to be a stinger then u need to just pull the trigger and forget about it. Somewhere in my hundreds of posts I think I have pics of how I braced mine like ten years ago lol
Old 02-20-2016, 09:35 PM
www.GSENick.com

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...rame-pics.html

Third page.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:58 AM

Yes, I was thinking about designing my own round bar. I actually picked up the bike yesterday though and after looking at it I think I'll go with a standard round bar through the tail light. Which slightly sucks because of the really nice integrated light on it, but I'll either get a chromeglow strip or design my own taillight to attach to/inside the round bar. I'll check out your post on bracing though, thanks!
Old 02-21-2016, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
If you brace it like that can you keep the tail fairing on and does it show? Trying to keep the bike sexy even though I know it's gonna make it a lot more difficult/expensive to set it up to stunt.