Need advice learning rear brake

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 04:32 PM

Gforce is a decent person
Need advice learning rear brake

i'm learning to wheelie on a small suzuki dirt bike. i can ride a balance point wheelie as long as i want BUT i have my feet touching the ground that act as my rear brake.

i want to learn rear brake control so that i can wheelie with my feet on the pegs. can anyone tell me a good method for learning? a friend told me to put my right foot on the foot peg and keep my left foot on the ground and try to hit the rear brake. i tried this but my left foot on the ground keeps sending me into a left turn circle. is this a good way to learn it? do i need to keep trying until i overcome this problem of turning left?

here's a vid of what i'm doing
Old 08-08-2014, 06:45 PM

CrazyRalph is a decent person
Re: Need advice learning rear brake

Duct tape your feet to the pegs and do what u did in the video...except actually feather in the rear brake...

Jk bout the duct tape...lol
Rear brake control is mandatory. .. just my two cents...plus they save wipe outs... learn and get used to the weird feeling of wheeling with your feet on the pegs (as the same for other wheelie positions)
Just my noobie advice*
Old 08-09-2014, 07:06 PM

Gforce is a decent person

i guess no one here knows how to learn rear brake. wheelies on dirt are no different than wheelies on street except it's easier to wheelie on pavement because pavement is smooth. it's ok i came up with an idea today on how to learn the rear brake
Old 08-09-2014, 07:20 PM

CrazyRalph is a decent person

Originally Posted by Gforce
i guess no one here knows how to learn rear brake. wheelies on dirt are no different than wheelies on street except it's easier to wheelie on pavement because pavement is smooth. it's ok i came up with an idea today on how to learn the rear brake
That is...?
Old 08-19-2014, 07:44 AM

Larse is a decent person

Originally Posted by Gforce
Geez... no need to get butt hurt when nobody answers a basic question in three days on a low-activity forum.

Learning the rear brake isn't hard, it just takes time to get it dialed in.

Just pop the front wheel up, then brake it down. Keep doing that to get the motion and feel, then its just about going higher and higher and braking just enough to keep the wheelie going.

There's got to be how to vids on youtube to if my explanation sucks