Dual Ratio Sprocket

Old 07-12-2013, 10:46 AM

smallj is a decent person
Dual Ratio Sprocket

So i ended up buying one of those fancy dual ratio sprockets. Not really wanting anyone to tell me how much a waste of cash it is, cause it is expensive, and i know that, but if you look at what you get it really isn't that bad.. Just wanted to let everyone know that its KILLER!! i have the 46/62 and i haven't had any issues yet. It replaced a lot of parts and is very well built. I know some people were asking how it works, so i figured i would explain.

Basically when it is not in the "r" mode it works as a standard sprocket and replaces all the drive components such as the cush drive and all that good stuff. so when you pull the rear wheel off and the sprocket and all the crap falls out of that side, all you do is trim the nipples off those rubber bumpers and drop in the DRS. Install is easy.

When the unit is the the "R" mode the inner hub of the sprocket is tied into the swing arm to make it in a fixed position. Now as the sprocket turns it has a planetary gear set inside of that hub that you fixed in place to reduce the gearing to what would feel like a 62 tooth, or whatever size advertised. The whole gear reduction is done inside of that hub. If you look at a stock sprocket, and look at the part it attaches too, and see those 4 or 6 things that protruding from the back that moves your wheel, the gear reducer slows that thing down.

The unit is a sealed unit that is already lubed up and ready to go. basically its awesome. If i could ride my bike half as awesome as the engineering that went into this thing, i would be riding circles around Jason Briton lol.

If anyone has and specific questions that are interested in buying one please ask and ill give you my opinion and might be able to answer some questions. I know i looked but couldn't find anyone who actually had this thing. so i guess i'm the guinie pig
Old 07-12-2013, 10:53 AM

DARKS1D3 is a decent person
Re: Dual Ratio Sprocket

cool man
Old 07-12-2013, 02:45 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Originally Posted by smallj
Basically when it is not in the "r" mode it works as a standard sprocket and replaces all the drive components such as the cush drive and all that good stuff.
Yeah, this seems cool and a lot of ppl are going to jump on these soon. $800 is a chunk of change but reasonable for what get.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:13 PM
The Bike Butcher

Sparky88 is a decent person

I saw these on stunt bums a while back. Would have bought one in a heartbeat but shipping to Aus is pretty pricey.
Glad to hear they are a good but of gear. Do you notice any difference in riding after its installed? From the specs I read they look like a decent jump in unsprung reciprocating mass/weight from stock

But please keep us posted on your thoughts as I might still buy one in future.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:30 PM

breal1028 is a decent person

Interesting...;-)
Old 07-15-2013, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky88
I saw these on stunt bums a while back. Would have bought one in a heartbeat but shipping to Aus is pretty pricey.
Glad to hear they are a good but of gear. Do you notice any difference in riding after its installed? From the specs I read they look like a decent jump in unsprung reciprocating mass/weight from stock

But please keep us posted on your thoughts as I might still buy one in future.
This weekend did a 3 hour ride on the street to a lot far far away, and I really didn't notice any performance difference. But also I'm not the kind of guy to do track days and freak out over a little extra weight. I do have a feeling that the extra weight rotating around back there could be doing something to affect street riding, however for your typical stunter, i doubt you would ever notice. I suppose if you used your stunt bike for track days as well you might notice something. In my personal opinion I don't think that extra weight amounts to anything significant. In the lot right as soon as i swapped those bolts out and put it in the "R" mode it felt just like a normal 62 tooth sprocket. i was doing wheelies and dropping my bike in no time haha.

I will add that they did install the wrong bearing in mine as a mistake so i have to send it back for a rebuild. However I strongly feel that this really isn't a quality issue as much as people will make it out to be one. They contacted me, and i'm sure everyone else who might of been affected, and are rebuilding it for free. Also if the unit was damaged beyond repair they said they would do a full replacement. Honestly it sucks cause I have some down time, but its nice too that if they recognize a mistake they offer to make things right. What happened really wasn't their fault. Their supplier shipped them the wrong bearings. even with the wrong bearings its held up to myself throwing the bike around the lot. I personally haven't noticed any problem, but ill send it back to get the proper bearings installed.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:45 PM
The Bike Butcher

It's nice when a company holds true to its product. Not many do that anymore.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:47 PM
The Bike Butcher

And thanks for keeping us posted.

L
Old 07-17-2013, 06:48 PM
The Bike Butcher

Looking forward to hearing about life with the product
Old 08-07-2013, 01:28 PM

Well its been around 1 month since I have taken this to the post office and sent it out for the warranty repair, and I'm still waiting. I don't know whats taking so long to get it back, but I'm starting to get frustrated. I know they are a small company, but how hard can it be to install a bearing? I am guessing that they simply don't have enough bearings to fix all the units that have came in. If I would have known it would take this long I probably would have waited to send it in. Ill post an update whenever i get it back, but for now all I can ride is dirt, unless I want to buy a chain to go back to my 54 tooth, which at this point I am a little upset that i spend 850 bucks on a sprocket, spend 65 to ship it back all the get 3 days of use out of it so I'm not spending any more money. I do have confidence that it is a good product, I just hoped on board when there were some lemons floating around and still waiting to get it back.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:41 PM

I have good news, my sprocket shipped today with all the necessary updates, so soon once i get it back on the bike i will put up some videos and show everyone how cool the sprocket is and how bad i am at wheelies.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:45 AM
The Bike Butcher

Awesome, l
Old 08-18-2013, 02:46 AM
The Bike Butcher

I'm looking forward to the vids, glad I didn't order one yet. Haha
Old 08-21-2013, 11:04 AM

Well, Today is the day I get to go hit the lot and get some videos. I rode this the sprocket a little this weekend, and so far no problems. Ill post them up on youtube sometime this week!!
Old 03-03-2015, 02:48 AM
*#%@!

Hinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to all

Anyone else put this through done testing? Longevity of it since it's been around for a couple years now?
Old 03-04-2015, 01:21 AM

drewmatic is a decent person

Hmmm, OP never posted again, wonder if it broke during his lot session that day lol
Old 09-09-2019, 01:03 PM

Hidb is a decent person

Does anyone know what happened to the manufacturer. Cant find anything about them. The website is no longer in use. I have a dual ratio sprocket and need a replacement sprocket but cant find where to buy them.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:55 PM

Bakhos1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Hidb
Does anyone know what happened to the manufacturer. Cant find anything about them. The website is no longer in use. I have a dual ratio sprocket and need a replacement sprocket but cant find where to buy them.
do you know what kind of grease those DRS use ? Yeah I can’t find him anywhere and won’t reply to my emails ...
Old 10-14-2020, 05:23 PM

Bakhos1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Hidb

ditto. You know what size sprocket it converts to on the f4i ? Trying to set my speedo healer but that unscrupulous manufacturer bounced on everyone ... I have an extra sprocket 46 tooth for f4i but not for sale right now ..
Old 10-15-2020, 02:55 PM

yamanpal20 is a decent person

I will add that they did install the wrong bearing in mine as a mistake so i have to send it back for a rebuild. However I strongly feel that this really isn't a quality issue as much as people will make it out to be one. They contacted me, and i'm sure everyone else who might of been affected, and are rebuilding it for free. Also if the unit was damaged beyond repair they said they would do a full replacement. Honestly it sucks cause I have some down time, but its nice too that if they recognize a mistake they offer to make things right. What happened really wasn't their fault. Their supplier shipped them the wrong bearings. even with the wrong bearings its held up to myself throwing the bike around the lot. I personally haven't noticed any problem, but ill send it back to get the proper bearings installed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dual Ratio Sprocket