New to stunting-2001 CBR600F4i

Old 02-24-2013, 10:07 PM

Napkin Legend is a decent person
Thumbs up New to stunting-2001 CBR600F4i

So I'm new to stunting, but not entirely new to riding. I started out on a cheap Ninja 250 rip-off from China. I outgrew that and purchased a 1997 CBR600F3 that had been stunted and wrecked. I paid $500 for it and rebuilt it to a drive-able condition. The first time I got on it I was amazed at the power. I was used to wide open throttle through the gears so I was pulling the wheels in between every gear. It was a feeling I never wanna let go of. I rode the 1997 until November When I purchased a 2013 Ninja 650. About the time I got that I traded a Del Sol Si for a wrecked 2001 CBR600F4i. Just last weekend I finally fixed the rearsets and the clip-ons.

I've decided I want to stunt this bike. I've been out in the local high school parking lot every day after work and every Saturday and Sunday practicing wheelies and a little on stoppies. I rev the bike to about 6K RPMs and drop the clutch and control the throttle until I run out of RPMs in first. I'm a little scared to try shifting into second or clutching it up at higher RPMs until I get to the balance point. My ***** are growing everyday though so I'm getting braver. I want to try stand up wheelies since I'm only doing sit downs now. I think I need to rotate the clutch perch forward to put the lever more comfortable for stand ups. Is this a normal thing to do?

Also I've got a list of things I think I want to do to the bike. Let me know if there's anything else recommended for my 2001 CBR 600 F4i or places to pick things up.

inverted clip-ons or some sort of handle bars
gas tank dent(I know the use of this is far off)
crash cage
subframe cage
12 bar or round bar(not really sure of the difference, but understand the function)

I'd also like to know how you guys adjust the front forks to make stoppies and wheelies easier. I can do slow stoppies, but they aren't high and I'm not sure exactly how to ride them.

I did do my first burnout ever today so I think I may try drifting a little!!

Here's my daily driver. Lots of mods. 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Name:  4A41C637-F9A7-4840-81EB-A693A865146B-1555-000001C78298BE43_zps910ed318.jpg
Views: 19026
Size:  325.2 KB
This is a picture of it when I got it before I started getting it ride-able. It's lowered front and back. The front was uneven haha. The rear uses some sort of adjustable lowering link so I brought everything to the highest position. I'll get better pictures of it tomorrow. I started sanding at the frame, lower forks, and front wheel to see if I could get a polished look from them.
Name:  94671CB6-9566-48D9-88AA-925DE843E1A2-1555-000001C33348E1DB_zpsb900a3ff.jpg
Views: 16695
Size:  301.8 KB
Old 02-26-2013, 03:44 PM
PowerhousePerformanceCycl

zeus_r6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New to stunting-2001 CBR600F4i

Hit me up for a dual slider cage, subcage and tail saver
Old 02-27-2013, 09:56 AM
I break anything I touch

standingrisk is a decent person
Re: New to stunting-2001 CBR600F4i

Originally Posted by Napkin Legend
So I'm new to stunting, but not entirely new to riding. I started out on a cheap Ninja 250 rip-off from China. I outgrew that and purchased a 1997 CBR600F3 that had been stunted and wrecked. I paid $500 for it and rebuilt it to a drive-able condition. The first time I got on it I was amazed at the power. I was used to wide open throttle through the gears so I was pulling the wheels in between every gear. It was a feeling I never wanna let go of. I rode the 1997 until November When I purchased a 2013 Ninja 650. About the time I got that I traded a Del Sol Si for a wrecked 2001 CBR600F4i. Just last weekend I finally fixed the rearsets and the clip-ons.

I've decided I want to stunt this bike. I've been out in the local high school parking lot every day after work and every Saturday and Sunday practicing wheelies and a little on stoppies. I rev the bike to about 6K RPMs and drop the clutch and control the throttle until I run out of RPMs in first. I'm a little scared to try shifting into second or clutching it up at higher RPMs until I get to the balance point. My ***** are growing everyday though so I'm getting braver. I want to try stand up wheelies since I'm only doing sit downs now. I think I need to rotate the clutch perch forward to put the lever more comfortable for stand ups. Is this a normal thing to do?

Also I've got a list of things I think I want to do to the bike. Let me know if there's anything else recommended for my 2001 CBR 600 F4i or places to pick things up.

inverted clip-ons or some sort of handle bars
gas tank dent(I know the use of this is far off)
crash cage
subframe cage
12 bar or round bar(not really sure of the difference, but understand the function)

I'd also like to know how you guys adjust the front forks to make stoppies and wheelies easier. I can do slow stoppies, but they aren't high and I'm not sure exactly how to ride them.

I did do my first burnout ever today so I think I may try drifting a little!!

Here's my daily driver. Lots of mods. 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

This is a picture of it when I got it before I started getting it ride-able. It's lowered front and back. The front was uneven haha. The rear uses some sort of adjustable lowering link so I brought everything to the highest position. I'll get better pictures of it tomorrow. I started sanding at the frame, lower forks, and front wheel to see if I could get a polished look from them.
First off, welcome to the greatest sport and greatest family, stuntridding!! Try reaching out to local stunters(also if u not on there already, get on Stuntride.com and use those forums as well) local riders are key to better progression(in my opinion) cause you learn from each other and push each other to be better. Second: balance point will take time and lots of practice, dont give up when u feel like your getting nowhere, its all part of the process, lol. Drop your tire pressure to say 20 psi(i learned on 12 psi, adjust as needed) bring your idle up to 2500-3500, or whatever works for u, i run around 2800-3000 depending. No shifting is needed, keep this in mind, if your climbing in rpms, your not at BP. Cover your brake, and try learning staggared(right foot on right rearset, left on left rear peg or on rear seat, it is odd and uncomfortable till you get used to it, but it helps. In time you will be able to clutch up from a dead stop and be rolling all of 2-5 mph at BP(then u ready to work on circles) i hope this helps. Get a crash cage before anything else, you will need it cause you will fall alot, try to control your falls if u can so you keep damages to a minimum. Get into the how to's, ask questions, you will find that the stunt community is a giant support system full of knowledge, dont be afraid to ask questions, there are few dumb questions when it comes to starting out. Good luck, and all i said above is just my opinion, you will find endless other ways to do it, find what works for you.also, unless you have deep pockets, get used to ebay and the classified sections, this sport is expensive. Good luck and again, welcome!