stoppies on an R1 vs R6

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 05:48 PM

alexthiel is a decent person
stoppies on an R1 vs R6

Hi, this might sound like an odd question but maybe a veteran rider can give me some tips. I used to ride a 2007 R6. I rode it for almost 4 years before selling it. I got to the point where I found the balance point on wheelies and was pretty decent. I loved doing stoppies though, and seemed to be better at those then wheelies (although that seemed backwards to a lot of my friends). I could ride stoppies high and keep my speed up so that I actually could ride them pretty far instead of just coming to a quick stop.

Here is my question: Are there any stoppie experts out there who have done them on both 600 and 1000? I am considering buying an R1 this spring. I don't have any friends with 1000's who do stoppies. With a heavier bike is it more wear and tear on the forks or bearings? Is it anything I need to worry about? My R6 was pretty easy to throw around and I know you lose some of that agility on a bigger bike, but I want to see what some veterans say.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: stoppies on an R1 vs R6

wont be much o a difference the R1's are barely any heavier than the 6's, will bebasically the same they do have stronger bigger calipers so it will pickup even easier but lot of guys do stoppie comps on 1ks because they can get to a higher speed at a specific approach than a 600 can.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 PM

alexthiel is a decent person
Re: stoppies on an R1 vs R6

Originally Posted by Stubbz
wont be much o a difference the R1's are barely any heavier than the 6's, will bebasically the same they do have stronger bigger calipers so it will pickup even easier but lot of guys do stoppie comps on 1ks because they can get to a higher speed at a specific approach than a 600 can.
Thanks a lot man!