Need pics of stunt cage.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 AM

armenta818 is a decent person
Smile Need pics of stunt cage.

I am about to start building my own stunt cage for my 2007 gsxr 600. no one seems to have a cage for my bike around my area, they all have different bike and different cages... so can someone please send me upclose pictures of their stunt cages please. I am looking to protect the motor obviously and the most of the fairings i can. The other pics i need are.... i need to know how the stunt cage is mounted to the bike (does it use screws?, bolts?, rubberbands???) if someone can send me a picture i would really appreciate it. once i start building them, i will definately hook you up if you help me. thanks!

HERES MY BIKE

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...gejpeg23h.jpg/

Last edited by armenta818; 12-03-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:34 AM

Re: Need pics of stunt cage.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 AM

streetshocker is a decent person

unless your a pro welder odds of your wleds breaking with a hard slam are very high.your better off just buying one from sick inovations for about $250 bucks n then it will fit your bike exactly plus there warranteed for life. they also have full stunt kits for like $500 bucks they come with cage sliders sprocket foot pegs n ur choice of a round bar or a 12 bar all with a lifetime warranty you cant beat it!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:19 PM
qfo

qfo is a decent person

I don't recommend buying a sick innovation cage, the metal isn't thick enough and bends like paper, plus they only have a warranty on the welds, which are most likely to never fail due to the fact that welds are much stronger than the metal itself. I say go ahead and build your own cage
Old 12-03-2012, 01:34 PM

ive been welding for about 10 years both regular and stainless steel. so my welds will be superb. thanks anyways ill make sure to duoble check my welds are strong. if anyone can get me any pics i would sure appreciate it.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:06 PM
FTP!

Nappy is an unknown quantity at this point

There are at least 10 companies that make cages for your bike.... Just sayin. If you're set on making your own, don't copy someone else's. If you're a decent welder with half decent common sense, you should be able to make one just fine. I run an Impaktech on mine so I can keep the plastics looking fresh on my 636....www.myspace.com/impaktech
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1)2.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	246306  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:51 PM

thats cool and all but i just need pics of a cage on the same bike as mine because i do not know which holes i need to put the cage on or what kind of parts i need to link the cage to my bike. im not really looking to copy a design, i want to get ideas in order to build my own the proper way and protect the bike the way it should be protected
Old 12-03-2012, 09:26 PM
FTP!

Nappy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by armenta818
thats cool and all but i just need pics of a cage on the same bike as mine because i do not know which holes i need to put the cage on or what kind of parts i need to link the cage to my bike. im not really looking to copy a design, i want to get ideas in order to build my own the proper way and protect the bike the way it should be protected
There are only a couple of points on the bike where I would mount any hardware to take a hit.... That's why I said the common sense thing. You should look at it and see the possibilities if you fabricate at all.....

I would do one through the plastics in front of the headers like all cages besides a couple have.... Connect it with a center tube. Then one at the swingarm pivot or frame mount in that area where you can run allthread through to squeeze it to the frame..... Then the upper engine mounts but you'll probably need spacers or build it to fit perfect. The smallest gap in a slam becomes a massive vibration and crack areas... Good luck. I'd rather just spend the money. This isn't a cheap sport. It costs hundreds even thousands of dollars a year. So building something over spending a couple hundred bucks when if your design fails it'll cost a grand for an engine plus whatever else breaks, doesn't make it worh it in my book. But to each their own.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Mikey P. Freestyle

crew72 is a decent person

only way to go is impactech
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nappy
There are only a couple of points on the bike where I would mount any hardware to take a hit.... That's why I said the common sense thing. You should look at it and see the possibilities if you fabricate at all.....

I would do one through the plastics in front of the headers like all cages besides a couple have.... Connect it with a center tube. Then one at the swingarm pivot or frame mount in that area where you can run allthread through to squeeze it to the frame..... Then the upper engine mounts but you'll probably need spacers or build it to fit perfect. The smallest gap in a slam becomes a massive vibration and crack areas... Good luck. I'd rather just spend the money. This isn't a cheap sport. It costs hundreds even thousands of dollars a year. So building something over spending a couple hundred bucks when if your design fails it'll cost a grand for an engine plus whatever else breaks, doesn't make it worh it in my book. But to each their own.

ok im a complete rookie when it comes to naming parts on the bike. can you somehow point it out on the picture of my bike?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by qfo
I don't recommend buying a sick innovation cage, the metal isn't thick enough and bends like paper, plus they only have a warranty on the welds, which are most likely to never fail due to the fact that welds are much stronger than the metal itself. I say go ahead and build your own cage
So you are a squid that broke his cage and now talk ****. Sick cages are plenty strong enough and every cage company out there have had broken cages. Learn to stop throwing your **** SMH
Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 AM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

dumbass thread, ever heard of google, every stunt company out there has pix of thier cages on every bike. be an originater not a duplicator.

tygershark
impaktech
sick innovations
powers stuntworx
racing905
freestyle ingenuity

etc etc etc
Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 PM

Talking Re: Need pics of stunt cage.

Originally Posted by Stubbz
dumbass thread, ever heard of google, every stunt company out there has pix of thier cages on every bike. be an originater not a duplicator.

tygershark
impaktech
sick innovations
powers stuntworx
racing905
freestyle ingenuity

etc etc etc
dont you think i already did that? cant find any good upclose pics. if this is a stupid thread then get the **** out of here ******
Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Thug life
Old 12-05-2012, 09:28 AM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

Gangsta :
Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 PM

TLoke13 is a decent person

Originally Posted by qfo
Agreed!! First hard drop, mine bent!!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:10 PM

ArrgghSIX is a decent person

Just start pulling your motor mounts out (with tubing) then connect the dots with more tubing that leaves clearance for your plastics. The more places it bolts on the more evenly the blow is distributed and less likely to damage frame and engine (impaktech/tiger shark). Then have connecting piece through the bottom, above headers (4 exhaust tubings..) to give it torsional strength. Keep it tight above the pegs so your knees/shins don't hit as well. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by ArrgghSIX
Just start pulling your motor mounts out (with tubing) then connect the dots with more tubing that leaves clearance for your plastics. The more places it bolts on the more evenly the blow is distributed and less likely to damage frame and engine (impaktech/tiger shark). Then have connecting piece through the bottom, above headers (4 exhaust tubings..) to give it torsional strength. Keep it tight above the pegs so your knees/shins don't hit as well. Good luck!
thanks man i appreciate the help. my other question about the cage is, do i add sliders at the end of the bars of the cage?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:42 PM

A-bloxx is a decent person

i did my own cage for my 03 r6 and i love it. dont use any other tubing but chromolly, trust me thats the strongest youll get and not worry about any bent cages.
Name:  2012-11-17133156.jpg
Views: 4247
Size:  68.6 KB
Name:  2012-11-17133142-1.jpg
Views: 4174
Size:  69.1 KB
Old 12-08-2012, 11:45 PM

KawiKid76 is a decent person

Those welds look pretty sloppy, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need pics of stunt cage.