Stunt setup for a Ducati Hypermotard?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 01:32 PM

elliotfmx is a decent person
Question Stunt setup for a Ducati Hypermotard?!

Hey!
Hope this is the right section.. New here, so flame me on my newbie thread StuntLife
I'm buying a Hypermotard 1100 in the near future which I want to be able to stunt as well as get around on. I'm aware it's not the ideal stunt machine but I love the Ducati look, handling, components, engine etc

Obviously sliders front and rear, frame slider, more than likely change the handlebars, I'll see how I go with putting a rear brake lever on the bars. Are there any really good sliders or online stores that you would recommend in particular? I've been hunting for a 12 o' clock bar. I saw one on Ernie Vigil's bike on a YouTube video, taking a guess and saying it's a custom job. Know anywhere I would be able to get one made up? As for gearing, the standard is 15/42T. I was thinking of going 14/43, could I add any more without making it a pain for slightly longer rides? (On an unrelated-ish note, does anyone know if the upgraded suspension on the 1100S model is better in any way for stunting? The S model has same 50mm Marzocchi forks just with the addition of DLC coating and the rear is an Ohlins unit instead of Sachs.)

What are some other mods that you would recommend to make it a half decent stunter? I was going to put some aftermarket hand guards on, do these disadvantage the bike for stunting at all? Could someone fill me in on things like roughly how the suspension is set-up along with any differences in tyre pressure etc. Also thinking of chucking some StompGrip on the tank, hoping not to have to dent it in..

Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Last edited by elliotfmx; 10-10-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 AM

elliotfmx is a decent person
Re: Stunt setup for a Ducati Hypermotard?!

Could someone please put their input into this? I am purchasing one this week
Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 AM

pigs01GSXR2 will become famous soon enough
Re: Stunt setup for a Ducati Hypermotard?!

No don't waste your timeand $$$ they dont like to be verticle.........buy a DRZ or CRF450F and street it out