36.12%
GSXR
11.29%
CBR 600rr
9.48%
R6
9.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 443. You may not vote on this poll

Why is the F4i and 636 > the cbr 600rr and R6?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 09:59 PM

projekt_eden is a decent person
Why is the F4i and 636 > the cbr 600rr and R6?

I'm just curious why so many heads prefer the f4i and now the 636 over say the 600rr and the R6? What's so much better? I'm picking up an 06 600rr and curious what the feed back is, short comings, and why more people don't seem to ride em?
Old 12-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
Re: Why is the F4i and 636 > the cbr 600rr and R6?

06 600rr is not a beginner bike. if you drop it on the left side enough times no matter what cage you have you will break the motor. i have a 03 636 , 01 f4i and a 06 600rr and if you plan on stunting the 600rr is not the way to go
Old 12-25-2009, 10:09 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

r6 isnt that bad really 05 is the **** i have ridden one a few time pulls good on idle....600rr is really twitchy...f4i is a ******* tank throw it off a parking garage pick it up and ride home(with a-town customs parts that is).....636 is ******* awesome good stoppie bike, idle pulls insanely hard....and gsxrs, i have a saying "friends dont let friends ride gixxers." LOL
Old 12-25-2009, 10:23 PM

mbadboyz is a decent person

R6. Yamaha Moto GP Champion
Old 12-25-2009, 10:39 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by slidewayz89
600rr is really twitchy..
Agree with what they both said pretty much lol. If you do decide to go with the 600rr get an OMR Subcage for standup wheelies. The stock peg position on the rr is really cramped and he beats this by placing the pegs back down and out for a roomier feel while in wheelies. And like slidewayz said the rr throttle is really twitchy. You can solve that by putting on an F4i throttle tube. There's a thread on here or stuntride where someone asked about it and I told them to try that since I put the rr throttle tube on my F4i and it became twitchier which to me was just more responsive since the F4i is a turd lol. They put the F4i throttle tube on and said it was gangsta and definitely took care of the twitchiness

But to answer your question - most people ride F4i's because they are tanks like slidewayz said. Ive bounced my **** off the ground and pancaked my **** a million times and just pick it up and keep riding. When I had a gsxr, pretty much I would break something once a week. Frames/subframes are very weak. They're good if you know what you're doing though. If you get a gsxr impakteck makes a solid steel subframe and something called a nate plate I think it is which is good. Look it up if you're gonna go that route. People ride the 636's coz they're all around good stunt bikes. Cant handle as much abuse as an F4i but they pull exceptionally well on idle and IMO once you learn on the F4i it's a great step up. I'm sure most people would say the same thing. If you're just learning, I'd stay away from the rr and either cop an F4i or a 636. You should go with the F4i coz they're tanks but if you want something that looks a little nicer than the 636 is the bomb. I cant say **** about the R6's coz I never did wheelies on one. Good luck. Oh and if you do a search this topic has been covered a million times already
Old 12-25-2009, 10:53 PM

dannymyung is a decent person

i ride with a handful of guys and like neal said...the guys with gsxr's break **** all the time. my f4i is literally a tank. just get a good cage because i got a FI cage when i started and it ripped out the threads on both sides of my engine mounts, which i'm still working on getting fixed...
Old 12-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by mbadboyz
R6. Yamaha Moto GP Champion
Your on the wrong forum
Old 12-25-2009, 11:33 PM
bdhstunt

bdhstunt is a decent person

F4i 954 frnt end 1krr master for front brkes and ur good to go allong with ur stunt parts prefernce imo f4i built for war 636 good. Bike to fragile even pros drop there **** my luck the one time I would drop 636 I would break a frame....learn from your misstakes tho.....
Old 12-26-2009, 12:37 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by bdhstunt
F4i 954 frnt end 1krr master for front brkes and ur good to go allong with ur stunt parts prefernce imo f4i built for war 636 good. Bike to fragile even pros drop there **** my luck the one time I would drop 636 I would break a frame....learn from your misstakes tho.....
Yup - not the best bike to learn on but the 636 is a good all around bike.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:42 AM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Agree with what they both said pretty much lol. If you do decide to go with the 600rr get an OMR Subcage for standup wheelies. The stock peg position on the rr is really cramped and he beats this by placing the pegs back down and out for a roomier feel while in wheelies. And like slidewayz said the rr throttle is really twitchy. You can solve that by putting on an F4i throttle tube. There's a thread on here or stuntride where someone asked about it and I told them to try that since I put the rr throttle tube on my F4i and it became twitchier which to me was just more responsive since the F4i is a turd lol. They put the F4i throttle tube on and said it was gangsta and definitely took care of the twitchiness

But to answer your question - most people ride F4i's because they are tanks like slidewayz said. Ive bounced my **** off the ground and pancaked my **** a million times and just pick it up and keep riding. When I had a gsxr, pretty much I would break something once a week. Frames/subframes are very weak. They're good if you know what you're doing though. If you get a gsxr impakteck makes a solid steel subframe and something called a nate plate I think it is which is good. Look it up if you're gonna go that route. People ride the 636's coz they're all around good stunt bikes. Cant handle as much abuse as an F4i but they pull exceptionally well on idle and IMO once you learn on the F4i it's a great step up. I'm sure most people would say the same thing. If you're just learning, I'd stay away from the rr and either cop an F4i or a 636. You should go with the F4i coz they're tanks but if you want something that looks a little nicer than the 636 is the bomb. I cant say **** about the R6's coz I never did wheelies on one. Good luck. Oh and if you do a search this topic has been covered a million times already
Neil was really imformative today...lol but hes right F4i tank and as far as 636 I LOVE MINE>>>gsxr ive rode two the 750 pulled like my 636 with a 52 tooth sprocket but the gsxr had a 60 lol so i dont know....i say ride what ya can get just make sure you have quality parts on it man...
Old 12-26-2009, 12:45 AM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

900RRs are where its at
Old 12-26-2009, 12:54 AM

M.SHANK is an unknown quantity at this point

R6 has short wheelbase and falls apart faster than a GSXR. My GSXR would not idle steady and fell apart. Rode a friends F4i and it holds true to what everybody says, its a tank and it holds together like one. I prefer the 636 because it feels lighter than an F4i and looks better in my opinion. 636 has a steady idle and pulls like a champ.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:15 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by M.SHANK
R6 has short wheelbase and falls apart faster than a GSXR. My GSXR would not idle steady and fell apart. Rode a friends F4i and it holds true to what everybody says, its a tank and it holds together like one. I prefer the 636 because it feels lighter than an F4i and looks better in my opinion. 636 has a steady idle and pulls like a champ.
funny ive had 2 r6's now and i beat the ******* snot out of my first bike and it still ran perfect after 42000 miles of my abuse. the 05 that i got this year just got tossed down the street at 40mph after getting hit by another bike and only bent my front rim, broke a piece of my upper and scraped my tail/swingarm a bit. subframes are weak like alot of newer bikes but can be solved by running sub ties or an aftermarket subframe. the key to making a bike strong is the setup. f4i is a strong bike but its in general a piece of **** performance wise and i sold mine quickly after i bought it. f4i is good to learn, 636 is good for when you wanna step up your game a bit, r6 is good for when you get bored of how smooth the 636 is lol. 600rr i hated too, fun for drifting and fast circs but choppy *** throttle and a bitch to work on..
Old 12-26-2009, 02:11 AM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

After I get out of my super squid stages, I'd like to step up to an R6 or maybe a RR. The R6 seems to be a great bike when setup right and the RR might have a bad rep, but I've seen people kill on them.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:28 AM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Through the years, certain bikes seem to stand out. Back in the day it was 900RR's, they had a better balance point and were bulletproof compared to the other liter bikes. This was back when we though you needed to ride lter bikes to do 3rd gear highway wheelies. But then as the sport progressed, we started riding 600's. My path took me from an R1, to 900RR to a Gixxer 1K then 636 in 05. I like the 636 the best, more engine, better forks (06 swap) and like the way it flicks around. I have ridden F4i and like the balance point better and they are more rugged.
And Teach rocked the hell out of a 600RR after he got off the 636...
Old 12-26-2009, 04:16 AM
MVS

vegasrider2005 is a decent person

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
Through the years, certain bikes seem to stand out. Back in the day it was 900RR's, they had a better balance point and were bulletproof compared to the other liter bikes. This was back when we though you needed to ride lter bikes to do 3rd gear highway wheelies. But then as the sport progressed, we started riding 600's. My path took me from an R1, to 900RR to a Gixxer 1K then 636 in 05. I like the 636 the best, more engine, better forks (06 swap) and like the way it flicks around. I have ridden F4i and like the balance point better and they are more rugged.
And Teach rocked the hell out of a 600RR after he got off the 636...
look at you name dropping, ha ha
Old 12-26-2009, 04:35 AM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
600rr i hated too, fun for drifting and fast circs but choppy *** throttle and a bitch to work on..
yeah it's not an easy bike but once you get used to is
Old 12-26-2009, 05:10 AM

Monblan is a decent person

636 sick looking bike, grate performance.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:15 AM

MarcoL. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by da Liks
yeah it's not an easy bike but once you get used to is
^^ +1
Old 12-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by br denis
900RRs are where its at

Quick Reply: Why is the F4i and 636 > the cbr 600rr and R6?