insurance

Old 11-04-2009, 04:03 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
insurance

ok so i got a ticket and my insurance went up a lot... my dad syas my mom will have to pay the insurance now.... the bike is registered in CA and titled in my dad's name, but im going on my mom's insurance plan.....theyre divorced, but does it matter whos the title in? or registered? she lives in NC so i cant get it registered in her name but i can change the title holder.....so does it matter whos its title or registered in?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:05 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: insurance

whats insurance?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Custom User Title

Sheldon is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
whats insurance?

its an old fighter plane from world war 2
Old 11-04-2009, 04:09 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

I have had cars in my name and insured by my mom Never had a problem.. (And we do both have diff last names)
Old 11-04-2009, 05:10 PM

ProEater is a decent person

you should be fine. never have i been asked for the name of the title holder when getting insurance.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:13 PM
CA STUNTER

i just called them... they cant do that but Esurance will cover me for 200 a year! which is what we were looking at paying a month on the good plan
Old 11-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Sheldon
its an old fighter plane from world war 2

I thought it was an old old wooden ship Or was that diversity?
Old 11-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Custom User Title

Sheldon is a decent person

Originally Posted by MoHawk
I thought it was an old old wooden ship Or was that diversity?

thats diversity haha
Old 11-04-2009, 05:49 PM

ProEater is a decent person

Originally Posted by big ben
i just called them... they cant do that but Esurance will cover me for 200 a year! which is what we were looking at paying a month on the good plan

try progressive.com ive done it before and had no problems.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Just be easy on those tickets kid. When I was your age, I got a ticket every 3 weeks like clockwork. And it screwed me for a long time
Old 11-04-2009, 05:54 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by MoHawk
Just be easy on those tickets kid. When I was your age, I got a ticket every 3 weeks like clockwork. And it screwed me for a long time
yea...cops hate stunters out in the valley (like 4 of us) and they now me cuz the cop at my high school seen my bike so I'm under radar....luckily they havent found my super secret spot
Old 11-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Post Whore Nazi

Originally Posted by big ben
luckily they havent found my super secret spot

yet
Old 11-04-2009, 06:06 PM
LPS

LPS is a decent person

I dont know the insurance laws for CA...But in NC the insurance has to be in the titled owners name!!! And be careful with the online quotes, sometimes you dont know that you are not covered for something you thought you were until you get in an accident??? 200 bucks for a year of coverage along with a ticket on your record??? Sounds to me that this is toooooo good to be true...Even for a liability only policy??? Good Luck!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:15 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person

i would only get liability, just enough to cover the other guy, why full coverage on a bike you stunt?

I pay 39 dollars a month on my bike, drop to only a few bucks for winter
3800 dollars on my car a year
and 800 a year on my durango

i have 2 reckless's on my bike and 1 in my car all outta state but transfered in, but no accidents.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 PM
CA STUNTER

bare bottom minimum for CA....200 a year with a point..... but i mean its "esurance" not exactly my USAA plan...lol i dont get road side assistance or ANYTHING......basically just paying for a slip of paper for court...lol
Old 11-04-2009, 06:54 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LPS
I dont know the insurance laws for CA...But in NC the insurance has to be in the titled owners name!!! And be careful with the online quotes, sometimes you dont know that you are not covered for something you thought you were until you get in an accident??? 200 bucks for a year of coverage along with a ticket on your record??? Sounds to me that this is toooooo good to be true...Even for a liability only policy??? Good Luck!!!
I had an accident not at fault and 2 tickets on my record and wsa $360 first year $240 second year liability at age 19 on a f4i
Old 11-04-2009, 07:06 PM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

i pay 30 a month for my bike and 200 a month for my 4 cylinder ranger. both liability bare minimum. i have one speeding ticket from 08. my truck isn't even worth what i pay a year for liability!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

tonkatruck66 is a decent person

i payed $16 a month for lowest liability on my 03 r6 as a 17-18 y.o. in FL. i believe cali is a little stricter, but you dont even need insurace in FL as long as you wear a helmet. hell, i havent had insurance in awhile....
Old 11-04-2009, 07:28 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Last edited by Danger_Dave; 11-04-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:32 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

as long as the bike is insured it doesnt matter who owns the bike and whos name the insurance is under..as long as the papers are legit..atleast here in CT

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: insurance