09 ZX6R Titanium round bar preview

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 10:59 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person
09 ZX6R Titanium round bar preview

So I finally found a company that can actually bend my titanium round stock the way I wanted it for the 09 ZX6R. If you dont know about Ti it has some serious recoil, so basically to get the bend you want, you need to over bend it about %30 and it will spring back to what you need...

I was slacking on this project but my riding season here is pretty much over, so I got back to work on this. And I should have more pics of the finished product in a week or so once is all welded up...I made the complete rear section of the 09 ZX6R subframe out of billet aluminum, and its going to have this titanium round bar that is bent to match the shape of the tail. It is also going to be adjustable, so you will be able to slide it in and out to the length you want....

Name:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  90.1 KB

Next project after this is going to be a billet aluminum 03/04 and 05/06 round bar base unit, with adjustable and replaceable round bars....With the option of steel or titanium for the round bars....

Let me know what you guys think, Im hoping to make the aluminum round bar base units with the steel replaceable round bars for around the same price as what everyone else offers regular round bars for...Then the Titanium round bar will be an option for more money, or an upgrade you can buy separate at any time....

Last edited by JohnnyP; 10-07-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about
Re: 09 ZX6R Titanium round bar preview

looks ******* amazing!!. lets see that subframe!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Ti is whats up ... thats sweet
Old 10-07-2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by frayz
looks ******* amazing!!. lets see that subframe!
I'll post pics when its done, right now its just machined pieces that need to be welded together...Im just waiting on 2 parts to be machined, they will be done before the weekend, then they just need to be welded together...

I will be making a post in a week or so explaining what is going on with these round bars and my stays, and introducing my good friend and business partner. This good friend of mine has made an investment with me, and we now have a shop/loft that I will be living and working at over the winter, and have started to mass produce my stays. Right now were working on producing 20+ stays for stock, so they are always ready to ship. No more waiting for a JohnnyP stay, and soon enough you will be able to order them online on our website. We are also open to dealer orders, so if any shops want to carry my stays they can..Then we will also start making and selling other aluminum products, like the round bars, more stays for different bikes, and aluminum subcages.....
Old 10-07-2009, 11:29 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I, personally dont really care about round bar adjustability as long as it is clean and close to the tail and round...now if you start working on subframe reinforcements built into a wheelie bar, then now we're talking.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Armenian
I, personally dont really care about round bar adjustability as long as it is clean and close to the tail and round...now if you start working on subframe reinforcements built into a wheelie bar, then now we're talking.
The adjust ability will be an added bonus, because of the way the 2 different metals are being held together. The round bars will be replaceable, and therefore also adjustable...They will come a standard length and if you want it shorter you just have to cut off some material, and it will be shorter when you mount it to the base unit. You wont be paying anything extra for this

Heres a prototype reinforced subcage made with the stock brackets, that my friends have been using on their 09 ZX6R's....Light, strong and looks stock from the side....
Name:  IMG_0006.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  75.6 KB
Old 10-07-2009, 11:36 AM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...6-636-sub.html
Old 10-07-2009, 11:39 AM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would u need/want a round bar to be adjustable? Clean and right at the end of the tail is perfect!

Looks nice though!

Are you going to be making R6s fairing stays anytime soon? That would be
Old 10-07-2009, 11:40 AM

That subcage, just like every other subcage on the market Does not resolve the problem of our subframes snapping at the very end where its narrow weak potmetal crap. Run with my subbrace idea...its solid...im too lazy to build them and sell em lol
Old 10-07-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dilts646
Why would u need/want a round bar to be adjustable? Clean and right at the end of the tail is perfect!

Looks nice though!

Are you going to be making R6s fairing stays anytime soon? That would be
Because we can, and some people want shorter or longer bars then other people. And it doesnt cost anything extra....It has to do with the way I designed them, replaceable and adjustable come together at no extra charge....

Personally I have my bar really short, other people might want it loner. Why not give people the ability to make it any length they want at no extra cost

Dont want adjust ability then simply dont adjust it
Old 10-07-2009, 11:48 AM

That subcage, just like every other subcage on the market Does not resolve the problem of our subframes snapping at the very end where its narrow weak potmetal crap. Run with my subbrace idea...its solid...im too lazy to build them and sell em lol
Thats not the point of a subcage, and that one pictured is for an 09 ZX6R which is totally differnt then a 05/06....The 09 has other problems and Ive taken care of those in other ways....

Most people buy a subframe brace or aftermarket subframe, and then a subcage. Building one complete unit isnt the best option IMO, because people that already have one, then cannot use a all in one unit...And also if you do manage to bend or break something, you just fucked a complete unit that is going to be expensive...Unlike when its sperate parts

Everyone has their own ideas, these are mine....The only reason I make these to sell, its because people see what I have made for myself and or my friends. And they want it...Ive had a Ti round bar for about 3 years now, Ive yet to see anyone else make them for sale...So people have asked me numerous times to produce them....

Also I only really make things that arent on the market, or arent made the way Id like them. So when it came to my friends 05/06 636 subframe problem, we just bought a SI subframe.. I was making him one because no one was, but then SI came out with it....So we just bought it....He already had a SI round bar, and a Powerz subcage....So it all worked for him in the end...

Last edited by JohnnyP; 10-07-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:50 AM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Because we can, and some people want shorter or longer bars then other people. And it doesnt cost anything extra....It has to do with the way I designed them, replaceable and adjustable come together at no extra charge....

Personally I have my bar really short, other people might want it loner. Why not give people the ability to make it any length they want at no extra cost

Dont want adjust ability then simply dont adjust it
I seen that up after I posted u already explained it, I was going to edit but didn't. That makes sense for sure!

So are you going to make r6s stays any time soon?
Old 10-07-2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dilts646
I seen that up after I posted u already explained it, I was going to edit but didn't. That makes sense for sure!

So are you going to make r6s stays any time soon?
Id like too but I can only make parts for bikes I have access too, and I sold my R6 about a year ago...And not very many people stunt where I live, so its hard to get bikes to borrow...Around here you either ride an F4i or a 636

I focus mainly on bikes I or my friends own, so 03/04, 05/06, 07/08, and 09 ZX6Rs all day every day...
Old 10-07-2009, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Thats not the point of a subcage, and that one pictured is for an 09 ZX6R which is totally differnt then a 05/06....The 09 has other problems and Ive taken care of those in other ways....

Most people buy a subframe brace or aftermarket subframe, and then a subcage. Building one complete unit isnt the best option IMO, because people that already have one, then cannot use a all in one unit...And also if you do manage to bend or break something, you just fucked a complete unit that is going to be expensive...Unlike when its sperate parts

Everyone has their own ideas, these are mine....The only reason I make these to sell, its because people see what I have made for myself and or my friends. And they want it...Ive had a Ti round bar for about 3 years now, Ive yet to see anyone else make them for sale...So people have asked me numerous times to produce them
man im gonna have to disagree w u. I believe more riders have subcages mounted on stock, nonreinforced subs...

Our industry needs productive parts Such as the dc radiator braces, c4 rearsets, hohey brackets, etc etc ...not squidly adjustable bars and titanium. Train tracks r whack! :2cent
Old 10-07-2009, 12:08 PM

man im gonna have to disagree w u. I believe more riders have subcages mounted on stock, nonreinforced subs...

Our industry needs productive parts Such as the dc radiator braces, c4 rearsets, hohey brackets, etc etc ...not squidly adjustable bars and titanium. Train tracks r whack! :2cent
Thanks for your imput but its clear we have different opinions when it comes to stunt parts...So dont hate on my parts, just dont buy them...My stuff isnt for everyone....If you havent noticed everything I make is a balance of form and function...I like things to look clean and of coarse I favor full fairing...

You can now buy steel stunt stays for $150, yet I still have people buying my aluminum ones for $250 and Ive have people in Europe pay $150 just for shipping one...

And people do want Ti round bars, if they didnt then I wouldnt get messages asking me to make them one whenever I post anything about mine...

Just putting it out there, if your not interested thats cool just dont hate, if you think your idea is so great then go ahead and make/sell it...Im not hating on your ideas, just not using them...
Old 10-07-2009, 12:16 PM

whos hating ? sorry if i hurt your ego man. I was just providing some critical input. Nothing wrong with a little thought process im sure others will agree.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:23 PM

whos hating ? sorry if i hurt your ego man. I was just providing some critical input. Nothing wrong with a little thought process im sure others will agree.
You called my idea "squidly", Im supposed to take that as critical imput, not an insult? Give me a ****** break!

Here you are telling me what "our industry" needs, when you dont know who Im making this stuff for. Or how many requests Ive gotten for Ti round bars...

This is my customer, and he wants an adjustable Ti round bar, no matter how squidly you think it is...The subcage seems to be working for him too
Name:  10518_143819705597_639905597_316485.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  34.6 KB
Old 10-07-2009, 12:42 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

i love winter just so i get t see ur new hot parts for bikes i dont own.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 PM

da Liks is a decent person

JP... nice bro.. straight up nice..

o and HOLLA from europe, def was worth it buying your stay!
Old 10-07-2009, 01:00 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Does anyone reinforce the mounting tabs for the subcage?? thats where my subframe just bent.

Quick Reply: 09 ZX6R Titanium round bar preview