Florida trip around Christmas holidays?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:41 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Florida trip around Christmas holidays?

Hey guys so I only get to take a vacation from work once a year around the Christmas holidays, and this year Im thinking of making a trip down to FL to ride. I havent been to FL since I was a kid going to Disney, and Ive never traveled to stunt, and the only time Ive been able to ride with a better rider from another country is when Bruno Ferreira showed up in my town this summer. Other then that I just watch the videos you guys put up on here, and learn on my own getting new trick ideas from your vids. So it would be amazing if I could meet up with some of you FL stunters, and hopefully be a guest at your spot...

So I was wondering if some of you FL guys could answer some questions for me?

1 Where in FL should I look at staying? I will save enough to cover hotel and food for the week or so, but where in FL is the stunt scene? Any suggestions for a specific hotel, so I can call and get an idea on rates for a week?

2 Are there any events around Christmas that I should look at attending? Ive also never seen a stunt comp, or a properly run stunt show/event, so that would be really cool to see too.

3 The thing I am most worried about is my truck/trailer/bike. I dont want to get jacked while its parked outside my hotel and Im sleeping. Any ideas what I can do to prevent that? I would be willing to pay someone in the area if I can keep my bike at their house, shop, at night...

Appreciate any info/help guys, I only get to ride half the year so this would be an amazing experience for me....
Old 10-07-2009, 09:47 AM
scrape it son!

tigroo is a decent person
Re: Florida trip around Christmas holidays?

u'll have good times there fo so, weather there around these times is like summer everywhere else
Old 10-07-2009, 10:00 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Orlando area
Old 10-07-2009, 10:09 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Johnny, i'm not sure what all is going on down in the florida area around that time, but you will definately have a blast. Orlando or Tampa area is where its at. You should just postpone your trip for a few weeks and come to Stuntwars!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by frayz
Johnny, i'm not sure what all is going on down in the florida area around that time, but you will definately have a blast. Orlando or Tampa area is where its at. You should just postpone your trip for a few weeks and come to Stuntwars!
Cant I run a family business and we only close around Christmas time...That is the only time I can leave for more then a day or 2....
Old 10-07-2009, 10:17 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Damn that sucks. On the upside if you roll through mobile, alabama(interstate 10 or 65) heading to florida nd want to ride hit me up. I got a place for you to crash.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

stop in atlanta ... go to orlando
Old 10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scott3824
+1 John....I can meet you in Atl with a truckload of billet Maguras'
Old 10-07-2009, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by scott3824
Id do that for sure! As long as I can make sure my stuff is safe at night, I'll stop at as many places as I can....
Old 10-07-2009, 11:25 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Not to speak for anyone but I am pretty sure both those cities would be very accommodating to you ... All my trips to atl and orlando have always been great ...
Old 10-07-2009, 12:16 PM

ScreamU2Sleep is a decent person

Orlando or tampa... Im in both daily. scene is great in tampa and orlando. Got a few spots to ride... PM me yo!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:19 PM

CHBEATS is a decent person

what up i live in naples fl boring here but very nice small bike night here on wensdays and lil bigger one in fort myers . orlando tampa miami are the big cities naples is only like 1 n half hours from miami and like 4 from the keys i heard riding down to the keys is very nice .
Old 10-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Hazen is a decent person

I have a garage, if you need to work on your bike while you are here. (Orlando)

Lift, Tire Machine, tools, etc.

ATL & Orlando for sure... South FL is fun to ride if you can get a straight answer from anyone down there about a spot and whatnot.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

orlando or tampa, we ride orlando every sunday.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

weather should be decent by then too...
Old 10-07-2009, 01:31 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

orlando has all the cool touristy stuff like theme parks and stuff and as far as your bike goes keep it in your hotel at night and back the trailer up to the wall ..

you should come down to west palm one night while your in florida we ride sunday night, tuesday night, thursday night , friday night ..

it's about 2 hours south of orlando
Old 10-07-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
orlando has all the cool touristy stuff like theme parks and stuff and as far as your bike goes keep it in your hotel at night and back the trailer up to the wall ..

you should come down to west palm one night while your in florida we ride sunday night, tuesday night, thursday night , friday night ..

it's about 2 hours south of orlando
If I can bring the bike inside the hotel, I should probably leave the trailer at home...Makes it even easier, and cheaper on gas

Not really looking for tourist stuff thou, unless checking out bike shops counts as tourist stuff..LOL I just want to ride when its snowing back home, and meet other stunt riders..
Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 PM
ROWDY'S WHEELIES

atl freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

an arrangement for you and your bike can be made if you stop thru ATL
Old 10-07-2009, 01:59 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
If I can bring the bike inside the hotel, I should probably leave the trailer at home...Makes it even easier, and cheaper on gas

Not really looking for tourist stuff thou, unless checking out bike shops counts as tourist stuff..LOL I just want to ride when its snowing back home, and meet other stunt riders..
definitely stop in the atl on your way and i would say just stay in west palm for riding but this town is boring as hell the rest of the time ..lol

we usually have at least 3 riders most nights [me ,tony prez ,nick]but some night we have as many as 10 riders at the spot but you know how that goes ..

steve [ethiopian] and zack [cadilac zack] come down and ride with us some times im sure they would make the trip down to ride with you atleast one night
sundays are usually a good day to ride in orlando ..

you could meet damn near every rider in the south if you split your time between atl orlando and west palm
Old 10-07-2009, 03:05 PM

I_RiD3_f4I is an unknown quantity at this point

im down to ride. around christmas/my girls birthday(dec21), were leavin massachusettes n headin to florida. were bringin the bikes. i think we'll be somewhere around ft. pierce. but i def dont want to be with her rents for the whole week or 2 so im def brining the bike.

Quick Reply: Florida trip around Christmas holidays?