A.C. Farias Retirement Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
A.C. Farias Retirement Thread

no hacked computer, no joke, no isht.

I just got off the phone with AC the other day and he wanted me to express a few of his thoughts to the stuntlife and even greater than that, the world wide stuntriding community.

AC has and will continue to be a legend in this sport, doing stuff 20 years ago that many ‘pros’ still struggle with now. He is an unbelievable rider and person, with lots to give anyone who comes in contact with him.

I’ve had the privilege of riding with him and against him both over seas and here in the States and it’s something that is an absolutely amazing experience for those of us lucky enough to have had that opportunity. From the French Riviera to AC’s first Argo Cycles sponsored Stuntwars to the XDL Championship in Vegas on the HAI 636, AC has never ceased to amaze everyone.

Recently, as has been posted somewhere, AC was in a pretty horrific accident…here are some snippets of his side of the story with as many details as I can remember.

Due to the injuries he suffered, he has decided to retire from stuntriding.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, AC wanted everyone to know how much he loves riding, loves the people, and loves the lifestyle of what we all do. He also wanted to remind people of the risks we take everytime we get on the bike and how dangerous it is….even to the world’s best riders.

While riding a tandem wheelie in 3rd gear, I believe, he completely lost his rear brake on a sitdown wheelie. In an attempt to protect his female rider, he stomped both of his feet down on the ground very hard, consequently snapping his Tibia in one leg. AC did what he set out to do and the woman was absolutely unscathed as AC put is body in the path of destruction. AC’s Tibia was poking through his skin and out of his leg yet he remained calm and composed enough to chat with emergency personnel.

I believe that AC underwent extensive surgery at a hospital near the show location and has subsequently undergone even more surgery in an attempt to save his leg. He has had multiple skin graphs done in both surgerys and he has lost a part of his tibia, leaving his one leg a little shorter at the present time then the other one.

After a 1000km drive to his home in Spain, AC is bedridden with a nurse coming every other day or so. He is in a lot of pain and is not nearly out of the woods yet. There is a chance that he will never walk again and there is also a chance that he will have to have his leg amputated if an infection were to set in. However, I am confident that AC will make a full recovery in due time. The circumstances aren’t great yet AC remains in good spirits and is looking forward to moving on with the next phase of his life. If all goes well, he will attempt walking in four months, but will never ride competitively again. AC is very much an unbelieveable person, and even in his current state he talks about his plans and goals for the future, which include diving into music and particularly the saxophone with as much desire and dedication as he has ridden his stuntbike for all these years. He is as calm and composed, as well as upbeat, as anyone I’ve ever known in a situation like this. This is the true AC…jamming out on his harmonica with a smile on his face…that harmonious (no pun intended) is the man that still shines.

AC is selling all of his motorcycles, scooters, etc, so if you know anyone who is legitimately interested, I’m sure he would appreciate it.

AC wanted his friends, supporters, and fans to know that he regrets nothing and has lost no love towards his motorcycling ways. He is happy with his career and all the awesome opportunities that it has presented to him throughout his life and he is happily looking forward to a less hectic, and less pressured way of living….music, the beach, and teaching are AC’s pursuits of the future. He is still interested in maintaining communication with us, his fans and friends, through perhaps judging, teaching and just generally being involved…after all, he is the TRUE godfather of our sport. So feel free to send him your best wishes and keep him updated as to what is going on in what is undoubtedly his world. He has just again received internet at his house and I’m sure he would love to hear words of support from all of us.

Heal up AC!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:27 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

motopimp568 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A.C. Farias Retirement Thread

dam, heel up AC, sorry to hear your retiring but good luck on what ever you end up doing

-moto
Old 08-05-2008, 02:29 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ac is one of my favorite riders ever and his retirement brings a tear to my eye , no joke ...heal up ac
Old 08-05-2008, 02:31 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

wow..
what happened why and how did he crash if the outcome is that bad?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:34 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
wow..
looped 3rd gear sitdown, no brake??? stomp foot into ground at xx mph, sacrifice body to save chic??? he's not 16 with plyable bones!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:37 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

whoa..
see i didnt know that.

get better AC
Old 08-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

heal up AC! you'll always be the original CHAMPION! :YEAH

I think in honor of AC everyone should rock 3/4 helmets at the next event!

And thank you teach for the well written, respectable post/update on AC

Last edited by StrictlyStunt; 08-05-2008 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:50 AM

BOXVAN!!!!!!!!! will become famous soon enough

get better ac and you will always be one of my biggest idles!:YEAH

GRAHAM
Old 08-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

wow so sad

at least he is okay and still in good spirits!!

best of wishes to him.

well written teach
Old 08-05-2008, 02:58 AM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

thats real bad..most of us dont realize how dangerous this stuff is..i dont think i do,but its the only thing i like doing so i do it..
Old 08-05-2008, 02:58 AM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

Truly a legend before, during, and after our time in this sport! AC has been a great inspiration to stuntriders everywhere. Perhaps the first successful full-time career stunt rider ever. I'm glad to hear that he is in good spirits and plans to stay involved:YEAH
Old 08-05-2008, 03:06 AM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

get well and your style, talent and professionalism will be missed
Old 08-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by atnuts
get well and your style, talent and professionalism will be missed
don't forget the harmonica solo's!
Old 08-05-2008, 03:24 AM

Shake is an unknown quantity at this point

damn, reading that made me feel sick! I remember the first time i heard someone talk about him, that was back in like in 00 when i was telling him about kyle woods, then he was like they got this guy in europe named ac farius who is sick, then he showed me a video of him doing circles, that was it for me. it hurts to hear this ****
Old 08-05-2008, 03:24 AM

Big Float is a decent person

Ive always have and will have the utmost respect for AC, and he left like a true champion. Heal up quick and good luck with your future endevors.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:30 AM

colombiancapone is an unknown quantity at this point

thank god no one died. heel up fast bro. from what you seem like, you dont deserve this.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:11 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

This really sucks to hear. I still remember the session A.c., Gary and I had a few years ago then the little show at Todds shop. A.c. you are one of the best people that i have ever got to have a session with and loved every min of it. I hope you still come back over to the states for a visit. You will be missed in the stunting world for sure.

Get well buddy
Old 08-05-2008, 04:20 AM

JHooD231 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
wow..
apparently you didnt read the whole thing???

Heal Up AC! I never met you, but Im sure it would have been a blast!
Old 08-05-2008, 05:49 AM
Say what again!

malott442 is a decent person

Teach, I got an idea for ya........

AC is a TREMENDOUSLY popular guy, and I believe that if you were to arrange an auction with his motorcycle, etc. and some autographed pictures, it would raise a LOT of money. You know that SL is full of devoted fans, and that the bikes would sell well.

I personally would pay 30 dollars for a small autographed picture.

A little something to think about!
Old 08-05-2008, 05:55 AM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough

During the development of the Concentracion International of Motorcycles "THE BORDER 2008" that was celebrated in the locality from Leon of The Bridge of Sunday Flórez (northwest Spanish), AC FARIAS suffered a serious accident upon being produced a mechanical damage that left him momentarily without brake in the rear circuit of its Kawasaki. The fatality wanted that similar situation unchained during the execution of a hobbyhorse to the limit and when the rear stop touched floor... radical raised that AC tried to compensate with an already unworkable system of brakes. For the first time in its history of stunt fell injured seriously during a public action, since, to date, all its wounds had been produced during the training, moments in which FARIAS is used to carrying to the limit of the impossible thing its evolutions. In this unfortunate occasion the motorcycle trapped the right leg upon falling, causing a serious open fracture of tepid that for some hours caused foretold greater wrongs. It was transferred in an UVI Mobile to the nearby Hospital of the Bierzo in Ponferrada (Lion), where was intervened surgically of urgency during several hours. After two interned days in the cited center, was transferred to the clinical one DEXEUS of Barcelona where is found at present convalescent of its injuries, aggravated with the existence of break of all the ligaments of the right knee and submitted diverse priests of plastic surgery and grafts in the zone affected.
This is taken from AC's website and (badly) translated, but you get the gist of it

Heal up AC, and good luck in whatever persuit you choose next. i'm sure you'll be "killin' it" in no time

Quick Reply: A.C. Farias Retirement Thread