Moose Easy pull system + msr clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:32 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Moose Easy pull system + msr clutch

Originally Posted by Towlieee

I think they are pretty much the same thing except the moose is older, has less adjustment, and is the older design..
Moose and MSR are almost completely identical... definetly manufactured by the same company cause the entire perch and hardware is absolutely IDENTICAL.

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
well ...IMO ...Moose ****** sucks ....that stupid easy pull system is older than a 12 year old design (I tried using it on a KX500 I was racing in the mid 90's) It was junk back then ...and it is still junk.

For that reason ...i wouldn't buy any moose products unless they truly and easily surpassed all other brands.
we are talking about the MOOSE CLUTCH LEVER... see above.

The Moose lever itself is much nicer shaped than the MSR... easier on the fingers...

And BTW.... the 3rd hole on the MSR has the SAME PULL as the 2nd hole on the Moose.... if you read the package the MSR has an option for "harder pull than stock".

Originally Posted by trickshow
how come u cant make the clutch arm bigger than 1/2 inches ???
Cause it will hit the case cover... take a look at it.

Last edited by kj; 01-21-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:21 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kj
Moose and MSR are almost completely identical... definetly manufactured by the same company cause the entire perch and hardware is absolutely IDENTICAL.

we are talking about the MOOSE CLUTCH LEVER... see above.

The Moose lever itself is much nicer shaped than the MSR... easier on the fingers...

And BTW.... the 3rd hole on the MSR has the SAME PULL as the 2nd hole on the Moose.... if you read the package the MSR has an option for "harder pull than stock".

Cause it will hit the case cover... take a look at it.
Ummm......no. Sorry, bro......the THREAD is about the Moose EZ-pull SYSTEM being used in conjunction w/ the MSR clutch lever. Don't get all excited just because you're confused...LOL..

Last edited by Righteous 1; 01-22-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:28 PM
kj

Originally Posted by steve02r6
I had a ASV lever on my bike last year and was going to go with a Moose lever not the easy pull system just the lever. Anybody have any experience wiht the Moose or should I just go MSR.
So does anybody have any comments on just the moose lever, compared to the msr.
Originally Posted by Ghini
okay there is some confusion in this thread...there are three things being talked about:

1) MSR Pro Raptor EZ-Pull Lever
2) Moose EZ-Pull Lever
3) Moose EZ-Pull "System"

i'm not confused.... i was replying to the guy askin about the MOOSE LEVER.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:30 PM
kj

I'm well aware what the thread was originally about.... but topic changed if you read every thread... .

I was replying to ExtremeAcres comment......

SOMEBODY's confused.....
Old 01-22-2008, 02:41 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kj
I'm well aware what the thread was originally about.... but topic changed if you read every thread... .

I was replying to ExtremeAcres comment......

SOMEBODY's confused.....
If you were replying to Extremeacres comment, then you would have noticed the HE was talking about the SYSTEM, and the levers. No need to raise the font 100 times to try to make him feel stupid, when you're the one off topic.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:46 PM
kj

go read the progression of threads and replies then come comment....
Old 01-22-2008, 02:57 PM

Already did......my opinion stands. Dude posted up an opinion regaurding the thread, and you tried to make him feel like his opinion was off topic, when it was completely ON topic. Just because you changed the subject in a couple posts, doesn't mean the thread topic changed.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe...yeah , i was talking about the moose system sucking...and since i was pissed for having wasted money on IT...I wouldn't buy the moose lever , unless it was wayyyy better than anything else. And since it sounds like it's the same as MSR .... I'll stick with msr...

Also, about using an msr raptor lever in conjunction with the extended clutch arm .... I tried it and removed it ...the throw (and the area of clutch slippage was so wide ) that you had to let it snap out to have a sharp engagement. sorry , but i dont think that is the "hot setup" at all...(I agree with E-Loc540 as he stated earlier in this thread)

and I dont think hardly anyone is using that Setup (as towilee seems to think almost everyone is ???
Old 01-22-2008, 03:47 PM
kj

Since I'm off and bored as all hell today I will go ahead and argue w/ you

I didn't change the topic... somebody else did.

Here you go... know how to read? Go from top to bottom... go slow.

I had a ASV lever on my bike last year and was going to go with a Moose lever not the easy pull system just the lever. Anybody have any experience wiht the Moose or should I just go MSR.
So does anybody have any comments on just the moose lever, compared to the msr.
well ...IMO ...Moose ****** sucks .....

...i wouldn't buy any moose products.

I think they are pretty much the same thing except the moose is older, has less adjustment, and is the older design..
1 that moose lever is the same design as the msr just with 2 adjustments instead of 3... 10 years old? so whats that make the msr, 9 years old?
Originally Posted by Ghini
okay there is some confusion in this thread...there are three things being talked about:

1) MSR Pro Raptor EZ-Pull Lever
2) Moose EZ-Pull Lever
3) Moose EZ-Pull "System"

If you were to do a search (god forbid) on this topic, you'd find that EVERYONE HATES the Moose EZ-Pull "System". Which is the box with the stupid pulleys and **** thats got an awesome reputation for fraying cables and looping people mid wheelie.

Then you have the two LEVERS, both the Moose and MSR LEVERS use the same perch. There are only 2 differencesbetween them:

1) the MSR has 3 options for adjustment while the Moose only has two.
2) the MSR is a square-ish lever w/ a rubber "pad" for your finger while the moose is just a regular style clutch lever

Both share the same SHITTY adjuster that should be propmtly throwin in the fire as soon as you open the box...just use the stock adjuster. Some say the moose lever is slighly better quality...whatever they are pretty much the same damn thing. I have the MSR, its good.

Bottom line don't buy the Moose EZ Pull System...it blows big fat donkey **** and will cause you to loop.
Yup I was just talking about the Moose lever, but after all this im going to go with the msr lever, im going to fab up a clutch arm 1/2 inch longer also and see how that goes
Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Already did......my opinion stands. Dude posted up an opinion regaurding the thread, and you tried to make him feel like his opinion was off topic, when it was completely ON topic. Just because you changed the subject in a couple posts, doesn't mean the thread topic changed.
His opinion was "moose fukin sucks" and "i wouldn't buy any moose products" .... which was direct reply to the guy asking for feedback on the MOOSE LEVER.
So my BIG FONT that hurt your/his feelings was completely ON topic and pointing out the obvious fact that he either didn't READ the post above his or DIDN'T KNOW what was being talked about at the time.

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU POST.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:07 PM

He posted a comment about the thread, and you jumped his ****.......what don't you get about that? Who cares if you were having your solo conversation w/ someone else. He posted his opinion about the thread, and his opinion about the LEVER in the same post. It's called multi-tasking.....he replied to the thread starter and you in the same post.......WOW.......neat, huh. If you'ld like to continue to make yourself look stupid........lets hear it.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
kj

.he replied to the thread starter and you in the same post.......WOW.......neat, huh. If you'ld like to continue to make yourself look stupid........lets hear it.
Oh he did? Really?

Oh ****... my bad. I really feel dumb... sorry.

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/pos...51-post34.html

Look over this post very carefully and see if you can spot who he replied to... can you do that?

I didn't post until page 3.... so if he was replying to me too, I must REALLY be stupid today.

Man... thanks for pointing out my stupidity. GOOD JOB!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:19 PM
kj

He posted a comment about the thread, and you jumped his ****.......what don't you get about that? Who cares if you were having your solo conversation w/ someone else. He posted his opinion about the thread, and his opinion about the LEVER in the same post. It's called multi-tasking.....he replied to the thread starter and you in the same post.......WOW.......neat, huh. If you'ld like to continue to make yourself look stupid........lets hear it.

I suggest you stop making YOURSELF look stupid and let this thread get back on topic....

I was trying to put correct, factual information into the thread till you got here tryin to defend your lil buddy that I "jumped".

Old 01-22-2008, 04:24 PM

He replied to your ******* "topic", and the thread "topic" in the same post. So now you're making a word game out of it. I see you have no reply to the real arguement at hand.........you jumped someones **** for posting their opinion, which was a good opinion at that. Now........you're welcome.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
kj

He replied to your ******* "topic", and the thread "topic" in the same post. So now you're making a word game out of it. I see you have no reply to the real arguement at hand.........you jumped someones **** for posting their opinion, which was a good opinion at that. Now........you're welcome.
Please explain to me how he replied to "me" or "my topic" if I hadn't posted in this thread yet?

Not a word game... it's just reading posts in order and paying attention to details.

Thank you btw, for giving me something to do to pass the time today.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by kj
I suggest you stop making YOURSELF look stupid and let this thread get back on topic....

I was trying to put correct, factual information into the thread till you got here tryin to defend your lil buddy that I "jumped".

My "lil buddy" was on topic, he was talking about the TOPIC. Stop trying to be an E-thug, and respect others opinions. If he came in here saying, "FI sucks, I don't like their cages.", then yeah, he's off topic. When someone comes into a thread talking about the main TOPIC at hand, and you jump their ****...............YOU'RE out of line. So, next time try to REMEMBER what the thread topic IS before you call someone out. It may be in your best interest to just mind your own business.........you're obviouslly easilly confused.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by kj
Please explain to me how he replied to "me" or "my topic" if I hadn't posted in this thread yet?

Not a word game... it's just reading posts in order and paying attention to details.

Thank you btw, for giving me something to do to pass the time today.
If you paid attention to details, you would have noticed that his reply was perfectly suited to this thread. Your reply to him was just stupid. Ha ha....I call it "your topic" because you defended it like it was your child. I have nothing better to do, either......
Old 01-22-2008, 06:46 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

hehe...yeah , i was talking about the moose system sucking...and since i was pissed for having wasted money on IT...I wouldn't buy the moose lever , unless it was wayyyy better than anything else. And since it sounds like it's the same as MSR .... I'll stick with msr...

Also, about using an msr raptor lever in conjunction with the extended clutch arm .... I tried it and removed it ...the throw (and the area of clutch slippage was so wide ) that you had to let it snap out to have a sharp engagement. sorry , but i dont think that is the "hot setup" at all...(I agree with E-Loc540 as he stated earlier in this thread)

and I dont think hardly anyone is using that Setup (as towilee seems to think almost everyone is ???

Only people i've seen stunt in person used that setup

On bikes like 636, you can weld your cultch arm way longer and run any lever..

But f4i, only 1/2" added, a msr is a perfect setup.. I only use half the pull available to my msr, no problems with coasters or my clutch slipping

But your right, maybe not a lot of people run it.. I run it, and I love it.. NO fatigue in my clutch hand, now I'm not held back by my left hand killing me :YEAH
Old 01-22-2008, 07:01 PM
kj

If you paid attention to details, you would have noticed that his reply was perfectly suited to this thread. Your reply to him was just stupid. Ha ha....I call it "your topic" because you defended it like it was your child. I have nothing better to do, either......
one more time for the slow kids!

When you quote someone, your essentially speaking directly to them....

ExtremeAcres DIRECTLY QUOTED the guy who was asking about the LEVER. His reply was about the SYSTEM.

AGAIN... read post #34.

His opinion "moose fukin sucks... i wouldn't buy any moose products".

Not good/accurate info for a guy askin for feedback about a lever identical to the other companies.

I see bullshit... i call it out... and use big fonts for people who have trouble reading.

Carry on...

Old 01-22-2008, 07:18 PM

So he's not allowed by the "KJ rules of posting" to reply to the thread starter and the question poster at the same time? Now you're saying he has trouble reading?!? You're a joke.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
kj

You're a joke.
C'mon... take that back!!

Quick Reply: Moose Easy pull system + msr clutch