Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 06:14 PM

Bill McMahon is a decent person
Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Please don't turn this into a dual caliper vs. single caliper thread. People have run both variations since 2000. Some prefer single, some prefer dual. The reason I'm posting this thread is because I notice alot of noobies asking some really basic questions (daily). Back when stuntlife was stuntlife you could search a question and find out what the best riders in the sport had to say regarding the subject. If the subject hadn't come up yet you could post it and the best riders in the sport would weigh in on it, while everyone else took note. Anyway, this post isn't to lament the devolution of stuntlife so I'll get off that tangent.

If you have been stunting for a while, chances are you have a spot, a support group of friends you ride with, and if you are really lucky you have a resident pro (or pros) that ride at your spot. With the resources of these people at arms length you probably have a pretty good idea of how to set up a stuntbike. If this isn't your situation, make friends on the boards, load up your bike and ride with people better than yourself. It is only then you will ever truly progress. If a comp comes up within a days drive go support it, if you love this sport help it grow. But I digress, as actively supporting stunt riding isn't what this thread is about.

If you fall into the category of people that are just getting into the sport, you're beating your bike on the backroads and beating your head against the wall trying to get the hang of everything, you need to start somewhere. That's what this thread is about. It's getting a good baseline set up on your bike that you can use to progress rather than everyone that starts out having to re-invent the wheel and discover fire on their own.

At the end of the day there isn't one perfect bike set up, it's whatever works for the individual. I just wanted to present more than a half a dozen accomplished riders on different machines and show what is working for them. These men are all at the top of their games and can use almost any equipment they care too. This is a glimpse into what combination they individually deemed to be the best.

Check out fullthrottleinc.net, go to "pro-rider set-up", it's the link at the top of the page farthest to the left. Hope it helps. Thanks to everyone that took the time out to help me put this resource together.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:33 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up

bill d has a thumb throttle? i wanna hear more about that
Old 08-20-2007, 06:44 PM

DR.squid is a decent person

me to i was thinkin about throwin one on and see if i like it!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:08 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Very good post and awesome link.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Full Fairing!

Jonne_J is an unknown quantity at this point

this could be useful
Old 08-20-2007, 08:35 PM

blinkybill04 is a decent person
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

+1 Great post! good info thats hard for the average stunt life member to gather into one place!
Old 08-20-2007, 08:43 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

somebody should definately sticky this post.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:43 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Ryan S
somebody should definately sticky this post.
Open your eyes.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:49 PM

burnfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

+11111 great thread bill
Old 08-21-2007, 01:19 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

"daaaaaaaaaaang bruther... I sayez run wutchya' brung"
Old 08-21-2007, 12:12 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Awsome post
Old 08-21-2007, 01:36 PM

Reyals Bemus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DLish
haha
Old 08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

none of the newbs will look at this thread
Old 08-24-2007, 11:40 PM

nolimitriderz is a decent person

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
It is worth a try thow Great thread
Old 08-25-2007, 10:47 AM

SPEEDFREAK SEAN is a decent person

Im A Newbie... I Checked It Out... Im Even In The Background On One Of John Legion Pics.. Whatcha Know Bout That...?

Nolimitriderz ,,, Can Kiss My Yellow Petute..j/k
Old 08-27-2007, 01:25 AM

ninjajoe07 is a decent person

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146

Im a newb and i just read it
Old 08-27-2007, 02:49 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

so bill what cage should i buy
Old 08-28-2007, 02:33 AM

RoKeT-RiDeR is a decent person

Thanks, but I think I'll just get all my stuntin' tips from this guy. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLKDLehx-LE

Last edited by RoKeT-RiDeR; 08-28-2007 at 03:00 AM. Reason: tried to get cool smilies
Old 08-30-2007, 07:12 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

that was too funny.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:08 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RoKeT-RiDeR
Thanks, but I think I'll just get all my stuntin' tips from this guy. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLKDLehx-LE
first gear only!!!!!!! dam i wish i had those mean *** power wheelie skillz

Quick Reply: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*