Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Old 06-19-2013, 04:29 AM

DARKS1D3 is a decent person
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Awesome Post! Thanks!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:37 AM

DARKS1D3 is a decent person
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Awesome Post! Thanks!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:55 AM

goyanks24 is a decent person

I was wondering if I could get some tips from your guys. I ride an '03 636 that has gone down one in the front and up to a 44 tooth in the back. Can you guys give me an idea of where my rpm needs to be to clutch it up in 1st gear or any other tips you guys have for a person new to the sport. Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 10:52 PM

Tbro18 is a decent person

Thanks for the post! Helped me a lot decide what to do with my z
Old 12-08-2013, 02:36 AM

matt750gsxr is a decent person

Anyone by chance save a copy of the Pro Rider Setup page? The original URL is forwarded to another one, and the link further up this page is no longer valid.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:28 PM

SpecialCoverage is a decent person

Originally Posted by Bill McMahon
Please don't turn this into a dual caliper vs. single caliper thread. People have run both variations since 2000. Some prefer single, some prefer dual. The reason I'm posting this thread is because I notice alot of noobies asking some really basic questions (daily). Back when stuntlife was stuntlife you could search a question and find out what the best riders in the sport had to say regarding the subject. If the subject hadn't come up yet you could post it and the best riders in the sport would weigh in on it, while everyone else took note. Anyway, this post isn't to lament the devolution of stuntlife so I'll get off that tangent.

If you have been stunting for a while, chances are you have a spot, a support group of friends you ride with, and if you are really lucky you have a resident pro (or pros) that ride at your spot. With the resources of these people at arms length you probably have a pretty good idea of how to set up a stuntbike. If this isn't your situation, make friends on the boards, load up your bike and ride with people better than yourself. It is only then you will ever truly progress. If a comp comes up within a days drive go support it, if you love this sport help it grow. But I digress, as actively supporting stunt riding isn't what this thread is about.

If you fall into the category of people that are just getting into the sport, you're beating your bike on the backroads and beating your head against the wall trying to get the hang of everything, you need to start somewhere. That's what this thread is about. It's getting a good baseline set up on your bike that you can use to progress rather than everyone that starts out having to re-invent the wheel and discover fire on their own.

At the end of the day there isn't one perfect bike set up, it's whatever works for the individual. I just wanted to present more than a half a dozen accomplished riders on different machines and show what is working for them. These men are all at the top of their games and can use almost any equipment they care too. This is a glimpse into what combination they individually deemed to be the best.

Check out fullthrottleinc.net, go to "pro-rider set-up", it's the link at the top of the page farthest to the left. Hope it helps. Thanks to everyone that took the time out to help me put this resource together.
where is the link???
Old 10-13-2014, 08:47 PM

sigma_star is a decent person

links not working for me
Old 08-07-2016, 12:51 AM

codycat91 is a decent person

doesn't work for me either
Old 11-07-2016, 01:46 PM

NOBKEWAARR101 is a decent person

[QUOTE=Bill McMahon;2904261]Please don't turn this into a dual caliper vs. single caliper thread. People have run both variations since 2000. Some prefer single, some prefer dual. The reason I'm posting this thread is because I notice alot of noobies asking some really basic questions (daily). Back when stuntlife was stuntlife you could search a question and find out what the best riders in the sport had to say regarding the subject. If the subject hadn't come up yet you could post it and the best riders in the sport would weigh in on it, while everyone else took note. Anyway, this post isn't to lament the devolution of stuntlife so I'll get off that tangent.

If you have been stunting for a while, chances are you have a spot, a support group of friends you ride with, and if you are really lucky you have a resident pro (or pros) that ride at your spot. With the resources of these people at arms length you probably have a pretty good idea of how to set up a stuntbike. If this isn't your situation, make friends on the boards, load up your bike and ride with people better than yourself. It is only then you will ever truly progress. If a comp comes up within a days drive go support it, if you love this sport help it grow. But I digress, as actively supporting stunt riding isn't what this thread is about.

If you fall into the category of people that are just getting into the sport, you're beating your bike on the backroads and beating your head against the wall trying to get the hang of everything, you need to start somewhere. That's what this thread is about. It's getting a good baseline set up on your bike that you can use to progress rather than everyone that starts out having to re-invent the wheel and discover fire on their own.

At the end of the day there isn't one perfect bike set up, it's whatever works for the individual. I just wanted to present more than a half a dozen accomplished riders on different machines and show what is working for them. These men are all at the top of their games and can use almost any equipment they care too. This is a glimpse into what combination they individually deemed to be the best.

Check out fullthrottleinc.net, go to "pro-rider set-up", it's the link at the top of the page farthest to the left. Hope it helps. Thanks to everyone that took the time out to help me put this resource together.[/Thanks for thread man, helped a ton!]
Old 09-12-2020, 03:56 AM

Ulrik Falck is a decent person

Anyone got the link?
Old 09-25-2020, 01:01 AM

highlypotion is a decent person

it's no longer available
Old 09-25-2020, 06:54 AM

Ulrik Falck is a decent person

Originally Posted by highlypotion
it's no longer available
No ****. Maybe so one has it in a pdf or something? Anyone?