Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Old 01-20-2009, 06:48 PM

getlikeme is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up

Originally Posted by DR.squid
me to i was thinkin about throwin one on and see if i like it!!!
yea that wood better suite me cuz i started out ridin 4wheelers n personally like a thumb throttle better than a twist because u can accidentally twist the throttle if u get thrown back to fast an a wheelie or sumthin.. but is there ne companies that make kits to convert twist to thumb?
Old 01-20-2009, 06:55 PM

RAMSTUNT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

moose actually came out with a throttle that is both thumb and or twist, you choose!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:19 PM

nkrosser is a decent person
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

alot of setups u can run
Old 01-22-2009, 08:35 PM
stunt it like u stole it

3CStheone is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
none of the newbs will look at this thread

im a newb and im diggin this info. gald i found this site. cant wait 2 get a bike worth ridin haha
Old 02-01-2009, 09:46 PM

BandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to behold

I've got a cbr 6hundo and the throttle is twitchy as ****, and I know they make kits to make the throttle more responsive do they make a kit to make it less responsive than stock? So I can have a more forgiving throttle response.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:09 PM

coo coo ka chu is a decent person

Originally Posted by Bill McMahon
Please don't turn this into a dual caliper vs. single caliper thread. People have run both variations since 2000. Some prefer single, some prefer dual. The reason I'm posting this thread is because I notice alot of noobies asking some really basic questions (daily). Back when stuntlife was stuntlife you could search a question and find out what the best riders in the sport had to say regarding the subject. If the subject hadn't come up yet you could post it and the best riders in the sport would weigh in on it, while everyone else took note. Anyway, this post isn't to lament the devolution of stuntlife so I'll get off that tangent.

If you have been stunting for a while, chances are you have a spot, a support group of friends you ride with, and if you are really lucky you have a resident pro (or pros) that ride at your spot. With the resources of these people at arms length you probably have a pretty good idea of how to set up a stuntbike. If this isn't your situation, make friends on the boards, load up your bike and ride with people better than yourself. It is only then you will ever truly progress. If a comp comes up within a days drive go support it, if you love this sport help it grow. But I digress, as actively supporting stunt riding isn't what this thread is about.

If you fall into the category of people that are just getting into the sport, you're beating your bike on the backroads and beating your head against the wall trying to get the hang of everything, you need to start somewhere. That's what this thread is about. It's getting a good baseline set up on your bike that you can use to progress rather than everyone that starts out having to re-invent the wheel and discover fire on their own.

At the end of the day there isn't one perfect bike set up, it's whatever works for the individual. I just wanted to present more than a half a dozen accomplished riders on different machines and show what is working for them. These men are all at the top of their games and can use almost any equipment they care too. This is a glimpse into what combination they individually deemed to be the best.

Check out fullthrottleinc.net, go to "pro-rider set-up", it's the link at the top of the page farthest to the left. Hope it helps. Thanks to everyone that took the time out to help me put this resource together.
i did a vs. topic...i was just trying to see the best way to set up my bars... ive been riding for a long time and stunting for about a year now...i just moved to south florida from orlando and i dont know many riders here yet...when i was in orlando i had plenty of people to get tips from...but know i'm not there any more and i just wanted to see what was up...
Old 02-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool beanz!!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:30 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by dwminnick
I've got a cbr 6hundo and the throttle is twitchy as ****, and I know they make kits to make the throttle more responsive do they make a kit to make it less responsive than stock? So I can have a more forgiving throttle response.
actually they do for dirtbikes and ive been dyin to get my hands on a "cam-able" aluminum crf 450 throttle tube to see if it will fit my f4i. They make aluminum throttle tubes with 3 different cable cams, and one of em makes the low end of the twist slower (for muddy conditions). I think this would be money for burpin O's. Then the last 1/4 of ur throttle would be snapier, which doesnt matter anyway...
Old 04-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Gods demon

krash is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

good thread for sur
Old 04-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Gods demon

krash is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm interesting
Old 04-14-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm Famous Hoe

Solo_Stunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by D Watts
Hey I'm a newbie to stunlife.com, got lucky and some kid put me on I forgot his screen name but thanks
I've only been stunting for 3 months now.. I've been told i need a shortie exhaust to start the 12 O'clock session but I can't find one for my bike. Can anyone tell me how to cut a D&D can step by step so I can get going? THANKS in Advance
Get gloves a saw a rivet gun with large rivets a drill and some bits and then hit me up... I have cut alot of exhausts here in Vegas... So yeah.. I know what I'm doing... I have step by step pics of mine...
Old 04-14-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm Famous Hoe

Solo_Stunts is a decent person

What sprocket size should I get for my cbr 600 f3/2 Its a daily driver but I don't need to go more than like 85 90 max... I got a guy that makes custom sprockets cheap so I can do anything I want for 180 front back and 520 chain
Old 04-20-2009, 01:15 AM
RIP WATTS 43

onewheelmaniac is a decent person

Oh yeah full throttle love my rear master cylinder i would like to chec out that thumb throttle less arm pump maybe oh yeah and ima newb and i peeped it out
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM

361stunter is a decent person

Thanks, for this post. Im a newbie and getting tons of info from you guys. Im so glad I have some really good riders to help me. Go to StuntGarbage.com, those guys are sick. This is just another place to get info. Thanks again.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:55 PM

six hundred is an unknown quantity at this point

tell me why i ordered a 12 bar from a catalog and it didnt even fit even though it was the "right part number" for my bike..... i tried doing it myself, then i sent it to the shop. ****. i had to send it back and pay for "restocking fee" wtf do you have to pay ****** to put something back on a shelf? and the powers bar weighed like 20-30 pounds so that cost me like 40 bucks to ship back man ****.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:06 PM

mxkidd38 is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
none of the newbs will look at this thread
...sorry to prove you wrong
Old 09-14-2009, 12:38 PM
www.GRAMX.com

Sicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blinkybill04
+1 Great post! good info thats hard for the average stunt life member to gather into one place!

i agree, this is just what some ppl r looking for ... like me
Old 09-14-2009, 12:40 PM
www.GRAMX.com

Sicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to behold

i still havent ordered my hb setup cause i asked too many question on what to get...

someone told me start off with the hohey dual caliper bracket, the big rotor kit, and get a dual caliper in the back... quad caliper ... and run a line directly from the lever to the rear caliper.. now can anyone tell me if thats a good setup to start with so i dont have to change it later? or should i just go with the FTI adapter and single caliper?
Old 09-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Full Tilt

Bosozoku is a decent person

just joined last night after reading your guys post for a few days. its hard to find an actual forum with real stunters and real info on how you guys do the stunts.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:36 PM

f4ikid13 is a decent person

yeah im new ....so.......any how the link did show what a pro rocks and what works for him....if this is to give a new guy a hint on what to do i disagree......puting a huge *** sprocket and a rear handbreak isnt best advice in my eyes....but thats just me ....

Last edited by f4ikid13; 09-17-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*