Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:39 AM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

is your life worth more than 200 bucks?

and you prob should stick to the foot brake
Old 06-19-2008, 08:29 PM

michael is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Originally Posted by Bill McMahon
Please don't turn this into a dual caliper vs. single caliper thread. People have run both variations since 2000. Some prefer single, some prefer dual. The reason I'm posting this thread is because I notice alot of noobies asking some really basic questions (daily). Back when stuntlife was stuntlife you could search a question and find out what the best riders in the sport had to say regarding the subject. If the subject hadn't come up yet you could post it and the best riders in the sport would weigh in on it, while everyone else took note. Anyway, this post isn't to lament the devolution of stuntlife so I'll get off that tangent.

If you have been stunting for a while, chances are you have a spot, a support group of friends you ride with, and if you are really lucky you have a resident pro (or pros) that ride at your spot. With the resources of these people at arms length you probably have a pretty good idea of how to set up a stuntbike. If this isn't your situation, make friends on the boards, load up your bike and ride with people better than yourself. It is only then you will ever truly progress. If a comp comes up within a days drive go support it, if you love this sport help it grow. But I digress, as actively supporting stunt riding isn't what this thread is about.

If you fall into the category of people that are just getting into the sport, you're beating your bike on the backroads and beating your head against the wall trying to get the hang of everything, you need to start somewhere. That's what this thread is about. It's getting a good baseline set up on your bike that you can use to progress rather than everyone that starts out having to re-invent the wheel and discover fire on their own.

At the end of the day there isn't one perfect bike set up, it's whatever works for the individual. I just wanted to present more than a half a dozen accomplished riders on different machines and show what is working for them. These men are all at the top of their games and can use almost any equipment they care too. This is a glimpse into what combination they individually deemed to be the best.

Check out fullthrottleinc.net, go to "pro-rider set-up", it's the link at the top of the page farthest to the left. Hope it helps. Thanks to everyone that took the time out to help me put this resource together.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:09 PM

Blanka636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for helping us out

Last edited by Blanka636; 06-27-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: posted wrong
Old 07-12-2008, 04:56 AM

ktmriderth is a decent person

I'm just gettng into stuntin and starting to get my 05 636 setup i was wondering what a good sprocket size is, i do use it for for a daily driver so i can't run to big but what are some of you guys runnin
Old 07-28-2008, 07:29 AM

RenevdMerwe is a decent person

Good luck with all the stunt riders

Last edited by RenevdMerwe; 07-28-2008 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Delete
Old 07-28-2008, 07:03 PM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ktmriderth
I'm just gettng into stuntin and starting to get my 05 636 setup i was wondering what a good sprocket size is, i do use it for for a daily driver so i can't run to big but what are some of you guys runnin
go up 5 to 7 in the rear... a happy medium
Old 07-28-2008, 07:15 PM

P L P is a decent person

Originally Posted by RoKeT-RiDeR
Thanks, but I think I'll just get all my stuntin' tips from this guy. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLKDLehx-LE
i taught him that!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:42 PM

305Stunter is a decent person
i need help

Does anyone know if there's a stunt school in Florida I live in the keys and no one I know stunts and I really want to get into the sport but its hard cuz I didn't grow up riding dirtbikes so riding by myself is makin it harder to learn.. Can someone help me out?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:10 PM

SterFire is a decent person

new to forms and frist thing i read

Last edited by SterFire; 08-05-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:43 PM
King of fukin up bikes

jrider is a glorious beacon of lightjrider is a glorious beacon of lightjrider is a glorious beacon of lightjrider is a glorious beacon of lightjrider is a glorious beacon of light

im really a newbie to the site and stuntin and i checked it out its called respect for the site and the riders who know wut the hell you are just sayin somethin my dad always told me "follow me kid and ill show u the way."
Old 10-12-2008, 10:51 AM

gsxr 4 life is a decent person

I'm a professional racer but a newbie at stunting and i wouldn't even trust an ex-girlfriend that i hate to ride a bike with a rear hand brake set up like the ones that were uploaded in a earlier post....

Any Riders life is well worth spending 60 bucks from www.moto-heaven.com and getting a machined cylinder tap.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:06 AM

kakibangku8 is a decent person

im newb 2 and i juz read bout it...

nice info
Old 10-19-2008, 02:40 AM
kpz

kpz352 TND btch is a decent person

Thanks sooooo much for the info man im really lookin into it ive been tryin to get advice for almost 2 years and was totally done with forms until now everyone i jouined was full of cops who hated sport bikes or always thought people were makin stuff up, i cant tell u how much i appericated the info i stunted all day and im stuntin all day tomarrow i make lists all the time on things i need to work on and now i gotta make a new list thanks man...
Old 10-19-2008, 11:23 PM
stuntin for life

mike espy is a decent person

I am a newby and i am trying to soke up all the info i can thanks for the tip
Old 10-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

Old 12-15-2008, 10:44 PM
BudProductions.tv

budproductions is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bill McMahon
Please don't turn this into a dual caliper vs. single caliper thread. People have run both variations since 2000. Some prefer single, some prefer dual. The reason I'm posting this thread is because I notice alot of noobies asking some really basic questions (daily). Back when stuntlife was stuntlife you could search a question and find out what the best riders in the sport had to say regarding the subject. If the subject hadn't come up yet you could post it and the best riders in the sport would weigh in on it, while everyone else took note. Anyway, this post isn't to lament the devolution of stuntlife so I'll get off that tangent.

If you have been stunting for a while, chances are you have a spot, a support group of friends you ride with, and if you are really lucky you have a resident pro (or pros) that ride at your spot. With the resources of these people at arms length you probably have a pretty good idea of how to set up a stuntbike. If this isn't your situation, make friends on the boards, load up your bike and ride with people better than yourself. It is only then you will ever truly progress. If a comp comes up within a days drive go support it, if you love this sport help it grow. But I digress, as actively supporting stunt riding isn't what this thread is about.

If you fall into the category of people that are just getting into the sport, you're beating your bike on the backroads and beating your head against the wall trying to get the hang of everything, you need to start somewhere. That's what this thread is about. It's getting a good baseline set up on your bike that you can use to progress rather than everyone that starts out having to re-invent the wheel and discover fire on their own.

At the end of the day there isn't one perfect bike set up, it's whatever works for the individual. I just wanted to present more than a half a dozen accomplished riders on different machines and show what is working for them. These men are all at the top of their games and can use almost any equipment they care too. This is a glimpse into what combination they individually deemed to be the best.

Check out fullthrottleinc.net, go to "pro-rider set-up", it's the link at the top of the page farthest to the left. Hope it helps. Thanks to everyone that took the time out to help me put this resource together.
Bill McMahon for president!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:08 AM
control switcher

Dr_Rip_It will become famous soon enough

Old 01-14-2009, 12:31 AM
divi

divizx6r is a decent person

im a newb a just signed up like 10minutes ago and it was the first one i read. its helpful thanks
Old 01-17-2009, 02:41 PM

Juja is a decent person

Originally Posted by budproductions
Bill McMahon for president!!!
yup yup! I can tell by reading his post that he is real and willing to share is info if your real about what you want to do. I have not been on here long..and boy as a women on this you really pay a price but me wanting to step my riding life up.. this is the best info so far.

Bill McMahon for President 4 sure!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:38 PM

fanco is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
none of the newbs will look at this thread
Im a newb and i just read it

now i'm developing blog for newbie like me base on input from this forum, hope u all dont mind....dont worry,i will mention about all of u...

Quick Reply: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*