why must cops _________.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:43 AM

fullspool is an unknown quantity at this point
why must cops _________.

Why must cops screw with people that are diffrent like stunters or bmx biking, skatboarding, blading...ect im not saying all cops but most do.
i understand that riding a wheelie in heavy traffic spliting cars is illegal but if your in a empty parking lot or a back country road why must thay screw with stunters. im sure that if there wher a place to go that you could legaly stunt, stunter would go there way befor doing it on a public road. but theres not. think of it this way, skateparks bring alot if not all street bmxing, boarding and blading into the park. now becaust theres not nor probely ever be a stunting park for bikes why cant cops be less strict with going about thing, why cant thay look at things and go well there in a parking lot with noone else around lets leave them alone unless theres a complant. no thay fly in with there lights and screw with everyone, somtimes give warnings sometimes tickets or sometimes even worse like taking them to jail. now some states are worse then otheres but still i think that the cops relly need to cool down a bit. every day i feel like are free country the usa is not so free and everyday i fell like im losing more and more of mighy rights.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:51 AM

Bobby@BullyDog is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: why must cops _________.

its all about the insurance man....if someone was to get hurt in the lot they could sue the owner..so its a insurance liability to them so they wanna keep us out of there....they have a good reason to kick us out...being sued is no laughing matter
Old 09-26-2006, 12:55 AM

yes if the owner made the call or complaned about us being there we would leave relly all the owner would need to do is ask us to leave and we would. the fact is no stunter is going to screw off on there bike and do stunts and get hurt and sue and if thay did and it went to court the judge would throw the case out.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:07 AM

Bobby@BullyDog is an unknown quantity at this point

right...of course we wouldnt sue....but they owners dont know that
so therefore its hard for us to find spots that we wont get kicked out of
Old 09-26-2006, 01:34 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KENNETH929RR is a decent person

Originally Posted by BobbyL
its all about the insurance man....if someone was to get hurt in the lot they could sue the owner..so its a insurance liability to them so they wanna keep us out of there....they have a good reason to kick us out...being sued is no laughing matter
you hit it on the nose.... its bad cause if a police officer see's you riding a wheelie in a parking lot and lets just say you dont hit noone and then the police leaves and then theres a injury of some sort. well if the police officer didnt do his "job" which your operating your bike on one wheel, which is a violation of the code book in most states if not all of the 50 and the department gets sued too. i know you'll say but its private property but that really dont mean a difference. (i know this is different but it involves private property too is when i see someone driving drunk or i suspect them of driving drunk in the state of illinois and they pull into a parking lot i can still give them a d.u.i.) the only way you can get out of it with the police is to have the company contact the police department in your town so theres no problems and the police know of it. i dont know how your laws but atleast you'll know if your ok or not.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:37 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KENNETH929RR is a decent person

Originally Posted by fullspool
yes if the owner made the call or complaned about us being there we would leave relly all the owner would need to do is ask us to leave and we would. the fact is no stunter is going to screw off on there bike and do stunts and get hurt and sue and if thay did and it went to court the judge would throw the case out.
you cant speak for everyone here cause there are alot of people just waiting for a hand out of some sort. it doesnt hurt them that much but it only really hurts the insurance company and rates. now a days everyone is trying to sue. especially for every little thing you do.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:54 AM

GT636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah private parking lots and ish is one thing, but a couple weeks ago I was on a backroad in the middle of nowhere, (service access road for a dam), and I guess this ****icer was eating lunch on it or some **** and he pulled me over when he was between me and the only way out. My **** got towed, I gotta go to court, and I have $650 in fines, my license is already hangin by a thread and this road isn't even on the f-in map.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:30 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

cops are gay!!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:48 AM
FTP!

Nappy is an unknown quantity at this point

Find a drag strip. Ask the people who run it if you can stunt it. We (Cycoward) have access to Rocky Mountain Raceways for practice. It is so nice to stunt with no stress about the devils. The bonus, they have EMTs on site. If the EMTs are occupied by a motocross race or other event, they tell us to hurry and get done. That is the only downside.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:15 AM

Dracut50 is an unknown quantity at this point

No body wants us to have any fun, i mean there are so many people who stunt and its a big part of their lives, we know the risks we take being crazy on our machines and if we get hurt most of us know its out own fault, i know none of us would go and sue a land owner cause we looped our **** and just happened to do it on someone elses property id just be happy i had a place to loop
Old 09-26-2006, 10:40 AM

*cHuCk* is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to Reality ! jus the way it is ! like you said FEW cops are cool ive been let off the hook a few times.. but i think there on a big power trip , its like they know they can f@ck wit us so they do,, doesnt help either that there jealous !
Old 09-26-2006, 10:47 AM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

Spots are hard to find, not doubt bro. We had a sweet spot in the football and baseball stadiums here in pgh. The cops were cool but one fvk up did a power wheelie hit a chain link fence and then tried to sue the lots!!! We cant ride there anymore all because of 1.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:47 AM

Dracut50 is an unknown quantity at this point

it only takes one to ruin it for all, i wish we all didnt have to take the fall tho
Old 09-26-2006, 12:08 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, I think its bullshit. Like you said, I would love to just have a place to loop my ****.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:09 PM

808stunta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiretrauma
Spots are hard to find, not doubt bro. We had a sweet spot in the football and baseball stadiums here in pgh. The cops were cool but one fvk up did a power wheelie hit a chain link fence and then tried to sue the lots!!! We cant ride there anymore all because of 1.
yeah they are hard to find especially on an island. some idiot did kinda the same over here to our like one spot on the whole island. stupid noob went there by himself and crashed and hurt himself and not he but his parents tried to sue. The spot is on or controlled by the military so the cops can't do **** there, the MP's just come and watch us sometimes and chill. After that incident the spot was out of commission for a couple months or so but it's cool now, guess they didn't get far with the suit or somethin. I swear everyone's out to make a quick buck now days.

Last edited by 808stunta; 09-26-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:12 PM

BlueR1der is an unknown quantity at this point

Not all of em, but yeah some cops are ******, they take it personally. Yeah its there duty to look after peoples property and stuff, but there isnt really much harm being done when you are in a warehouse parkinglot middle of no where.

I have been caught practicing few times in parking lots. I told them I was sorry and wont happen again, they let me go.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:19 PM

*cHuCk* is an unknown quantity at this point

what about police scaners? but that seems difficult.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:22 PM

JohnR is an unknown quantity at this point

i got pulled over on a public road doin a 1/4 mile standup with a cop behind me. He let me go cause he said my record was soo bad that he would feel like a **** giving me all of those tickets. cool *** cop.... still amazing though lucky as hell
Old 09-26-2006, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by *cHuCk*
what about police scaners? but that seems difficult.
a police scanner is a great idea but the problem is, in most states if not all the scanners are all digital kinda like nextel 2 way and the scanners are like $300-$500 on top of that in MI where i live there more illegale then the wheelies where doing lol. plus cops normaly if not allways are just driving around and see you theres hardly ever someone calling in and complaning. so if you had a scanner and thay see you and come up and are like there was a complant (and relly there wasint and you no there wasnt because you have the scaner) you cant use the info without letting them no you have a scanner.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:41 PM

its kida funny the govement says that the reson kids are going on shoting ranpages is because of music, tv shows and games and if you think about it the reson cops are such ******** and think there super cops is because of all the so called reality police shows. like cops and law and order ect. the show are one sided, thay only show the worst situation and everyday c local cops see these shows because there on all the time and try to be like them.

Quick Reply: why must cops _________.