Yamaha xt660x wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:47 PM

Joel Fullwood is a decent person
Yamaha xt660x wheelie

Hello I know its not a sports bike but I been wheeling for about 6 months now, amongst other things stoppies burnouts and combos, but I'd like some advice wheeling I looped out a week ago I just fixed my bike up now but I wanna know how to keep it going I generally do 2nd gear wheelies at around 20mph and I end up at like 60 bouncing off the rev limiter, I know the rear brake brings the front down but is there a technique. Obviously I do not use my rear brake to stop goin to far back the reason I looped but should I will it help extend the wheelie as I'm just starting out on YouTube too I wanna blog in my spare time so could I have some advice I sit slightly further back on the sit as you do bounce the forks and get to balance point and just run out of gear do I clutch in or use the brake any help will be awesome I know the bike is sound and can do it, its me so what am I doing wrong
Old 04-06-2017, 01:16 AM

MFBLOXX is a decent person
Re: Yamaha xt660x wheelie

You will figure it out in time, just be smooth on the throttle and use the break if you go too far back. The goal is to be able to balance the bike with the throttle not the break, and dont grab that clutch until your able to use it. Practice practice practice.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:21 AM

bodyjohn is a decent person
Re: Yamaha xt660x wheelie

Originally Posted by MFBLOXX
You will figure it out in time, just be smooth on the throttle and use the break if you go too far back. The goal is to be able to balance the bike with the throttle not the break, and dont grab that clutch until your able to use it. Practice practice practice.
i agree with you man!