RE: Thinking about Stunting my 07 Gixer 750

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 09:26 AM

Jason_999 is a decent person
Question RE: Thinking about Stunting my 07 Gixer 750

Hey everyone,
I have been riding for almost 5 years now, started doing some track days 2 years ago. i bought a 2007 gixxer 750 last year which i ride on the street and track, but been getting the itch to try out some stunting. plus its a real pain and $$$ getting out to the track, can only get a few session a year, damn winters here in toronto.
i dont have the cash right now to have a dedicated track and street bike, but i still want to do the odd track day, plus try some stunts, so any stunt mods would have to be track day friendly, or at least easy/fast enough to take off before a track day.
For now i am thinking more about bike protection, like a crash cage for sure, which i am sure wont be to big of a deal to take off if i am heading to the track.
The one mod i am not sure about is the subframe or subcage, i know you can replace that whole rider passenger frame, but what i was thinking about was just those re-enforced jumbo pegs that mount under the tail and act as protection if the bike is dropped, are those called a "sub cage", or do you have to already have a stunt subframe already on which to mount them?

bottom line is i want good protection for my bike, i am sure i will be dropping it, but i dont want to spend a ton initially just in case stunting is not for me.

if things goes well, then i would probably really consider getting another bike, sounds like the early 2000 Kawi's are a great place to start with lots of stunt parts available. perhaps it just the part site i am looking at, but it appears suzuki does not have the same options as kawi.

anyway any input on those rear stunt pegs is appreciated, between them and a crash cage i think i would be at a good place to start stunting with good protection for my bike.

jason