29.91%
Sick Innovation
39.25%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Best Cage Choise

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 10:35 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of
Re: Best Cage Choise

Originally Posted by Devin G 916
I hear good about a-town, but I don't like the style, so thats out.
I hear BAD about Tyger shark, but hey they're kinda pricey anyway.
FI cages are just stupid
Powers is a no no
905 is a no no.

Are impaktech light? do they have good leg clearance?

My riding is more like school/work and around, i want to make sure that i can still do mach 10 around turns without catching the cage.

do they work ^?
impaktech cages are THE strongest,lightest,cages on the market and will not scrape in corners unless you lay it over till the slider hits
Old 02-21-2010, 10:56 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loogie
impaktech cages are THE strongest,lightest,cages on the market and will not scrape in corners unless you lay it over till the slider hits
do you have any evidence to back up the strongest and lightest claim? have you had experienece with every cage on the market?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:58 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

I hear good about a-town, but I don't like the style, so thats out.
I hear BAD about Tyger shark, but hey they're kinda pricey anyway.
FI cages are just stupid
Powers is a no no
905 is a no no.

Are impaktech light? do they have good leg clearance?

My riding is more like school/work and around, i want to make sure that i can still do mach 10 around turns without catching the cage.

do they work ^?
most newer cages wont hit in turns. only ones that id worry about is the older designs like FI, powers and 905. SI def wont and Atown Def wont. those are the only 2 i can vouch for.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:48 PM

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
do you have any evidence to back up the strongest and lightest claim? have you had experienece with every cage on the market?
did you take me off biblethumper ignore list???ya ive ran EVERY cage made since the first ones came out and for a "full stunt cage"(3-4 point) impaktech has taken the most abuse without failure(broken welds/bent tubing) while being lighter than anything ive ever ran(judging by picking it up when installing and unboxing,i didnt measure it on a digi scale,lol)not to mention they are super sleek and tight to the bike for drifting,etc,AND the KKS cage for the 636's will stay fresh drop after drop if you replace the sliders cuz the actual tubes of the cage DONT contact the ground...and im totally not nutswinging cuz im friends with Son cuz honestly its the BEST cage on the market IMO and would run it NO MATTER WHAT
Old 02-22-2010, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by loogie
did you take me off biblethumper ignore list???ya ive ran EVERY cage made since the first ones came out and for a "full stunt cage"(3-4 point) impaktech has taken the most abuse without failure(broken welds/bent tubing) while being lighter than anything ive ever ran(judging by picking it up when installing and unboxing,i didnt measure it on a digi scale,lol)not to mention they are super sleek and tight to the bike for drifting,etc,AND the KKS cage for the 636's will stay fresh drop after drop if you replace the sliders cuz the actual tubes of the cage DONT contact the ground...and im totally not nutswinging cuz im friends with Son cuz honestly its the BEST cage on the market IMO and would run it NO MATTER WHAT
no youre still on bibleblock lol i wasnt logged in when i came in here so i saw your post. youve ran an atown cage? im not knockin impaktech at all they look like a very well made cage, little ugly in my opinion but still look like a good solid piece. just was wondering where you got that strong of an opinion. ps. the hand scale system isnt valid lol
Old 02-22-2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
no youre still on bibleblock lol i wasnt logged in when i came in here so i saw your post. youve ran an atown cage? im not knockin impaktech at all they look like a very well made cage, little ugly in my opinion but still look like a good solid piece. just was wondering where you got that strong of an opinion. ps. the hand scale system isnt valid lol
ya and im not trying to knock any other cage companys especially atown cuz his stuff would be my #2 choice but after running everything on same and diff. bikes since cages came out,impaktech has outperformed and outlasted them alllike i said atowns are great but just a little bulky/wide,heavy and overbuilt if you ask me but deff. a great,strong cage for sure,just not my style
Old 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM

ninjarider636 is a decent person

Thanks for the info, I did more research and talked to Son Tran and am going to get the Impaktech. Not a huge fan of the dual sliders, but protection is what I am looking for the most.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by ninjarider636
Thanks for the info, I did more research and talked to Son Tran and am going to get the Impaktech. Not a huge fan of the dual sliders, but protection is what I am looking for the most.
good dealyou should get it fast too considering you are in socal,thats a plus...if you ever drop your bike youll appreciate the dual sliders trust me
Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM

I'm sure I will. I saw some videos from KrazyKyleStyle on this site and it seemed like everyone had that cage. After watching them drop their bikes with no damage accuring, and getting right back on, firing it up, and doin circle wheelies, Im sure I wont regret it at all. If only I was as good as my bike looks.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:12 PM
JTi

JTi is a decent person

Impaktech fo sho!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:58 PM

Devin G 916 is a decent person

I have an 03, and will prob go with impaktech, its cheaper then tyger which was my first "choise" , but I thought they had dual? that one doesn't^^
Old 02-22-2010, 09:57 PM

I talked to Son @ Impaktech today and he said they only offer the dual slider now because its stronger and just plain better than the single. That was for the 05-06 636 though, not sure about the other makes and years. Real nice guy, cant wait to get my cage and get it on. Hopefully I dont use it anytime soon
Old 02-22-2010, 10:58 PM

Pozer is a decent person

WELL!!!! What are the cons to a 905 cage besides not being able to ride twisties anymore? I had one on my 06 RR, thinking about getting a diff cage after reading this thread about other cages. I get a pretty good deal at 905 though from the people I ride with. I am not concerned about not being able to ride twisties since I have no interest in that, only stunting.

If I decide to go with impatek, atown, or sick what are the prices for an 06 636?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:10 PM

Impaktech is costing me $295 shipped.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:04 PM

GSX-R J I Z Z Y can only hope to improve

Why isn't impaktech in the list of choices anyhow . Let alone how useless is a poll if all the manufactures are not named ?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by ninjarider636
Impaktech is costing me $295 shipped.
thought it was $275?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:26 PM

it is $275 + shipping though. I could have got it with no shipping if I wasnt on DET in Washington this weekend
Old 02-24-2010, 12:01 AM

oh son tran told me $275 shipped. I live in NY. hopefully its not that much, price is a big thing right now...
and here's a question?

How do subframes work? Whats their purpose? How do you mount?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:44 AM

Pozer is a decent person

Well, I would like an impaktek, or a well praised cage, but I get too good of a deal at 905.

EDIT: not saying 905 is a bad cage BTW....
Old 02-24-2010, 10:21 AM

oh son tran told me $275 shipped. I live in NY. hopefully its not that much, price is a big thing right now...
and here's a question?

How do subframes work? Whats their purpose? How do you mount?
Damn really, I even live in the same state as him. Maybe I wont go with impaktech then.

Quick Reply: Best Cage Choise