Tiger Shark
29.91%
Sick Innovation
39.25%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Best Cage Choise

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:56 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Best Cage Choise

Originally Posted by loogie
hit the lower bar BEFORE the actual spring slider
That's the whole POINT of the tygershark design!

spreads the load out, makes the load push the cage in 2 different directions.. Impacts the bottom part first, forcing the cage in a downwards and inwards direction in relationship to the bike, then instantly hits the slider forcing the cage in a upwards and inwards direction, counteracting the first blow, and removing even more stress from the bike

Now I don't know how they are on kawi's, but on honda's, that design IMO is money. Built my cage to work just the same on my f4i, hit the bottom bar then the top
Old 10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

sick for honda and tygershark for kawi
Old 10-09-2009, 04:06 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 50slut
sick for honda and tygershark for kawi
word up!!
Old 10-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

A suzuki's are just crap to begin with.... oh wait.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Chris*Stunner

Chris*Stunner is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 10-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person

Originally Posted by HighStyles

Squid Steel 225.00 Shipped - Discount Replacement, Full Lean angle, Bike doesn't roll on top of itself
What cage is that?........and who's bike is that? that bitch looks sick!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:51 AM

ProjectFallen is a decent person

Anyone got any pics of an atown cage setup on there bike? Theres not a whole lot of pics of there cages floating around anywhere that i can find at least!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Chris*Stunner

Chris*Stunner is an unknown quantity at this point

what about Powers cage..? and on a 600rr?
Old 10-14-2009, 03:24 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ProjectFallen
Anyone got any pics of an atown cage setup on there bike? Theres not a whole lot of pics of there cages floating around anywhere that i can find at least!
myspace.com/atowncustoms
Old 10-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by *Tanus*

whatever happened to mxd? thats what #2 has and its taken a beating, but it is bulky as hell though.
+1 mxd were badass, they sucked for drifting tho.
Originally Posted by Chris*Stunner
what about Powers cage..? and on a 600rr?
NO, they way the powers mounts on the 600RR it will push your frame in, a good cage is hard to find for that bike because the mounts are so low that every cage tends to let the bike roll, but companys like powers and tyger shark think its a good idea to bring the cage higher by putting the actuall contact point 4 inches or so above the motor mount witch results in your frame getting pushed in from the steel bracing the cage higher., garbage.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

this tygershark design is is exactly how they powers cage mounts

Name:  DSC_0611.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  144.8 KB

this tygershark model looks alright but also looks like it will roll.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

I found a solution to all of this. Stop crashing. Now if only I could put it into effect
Old 02-20-2010, 10:49 PM

ninjarider636 is a decent person

I have a 06 636 and have all the threads on cages an rails. I am learning to stunt and want good protection while doing this, in case I drop it, or should I say when I drop it. My only problem is I also go to the canyons and drag some knee quite freaquently. From what I have read and seen in pictures the SI cage is my best option for getting the best of both worlds. Impact protection and lean angle. Is this a good assumption to make?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:06 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ninjarider636
I have a 06 636 and have all the threads on cages an rails. I am learning to stunt and want good protection while doing this, in case I drop it, or should I say when I drop it. My only problem is I also go to the canyons and drag some knee quite freaquently. From what I have read and seen in pictures the SI cage is my best option for getting the best of both worlds. Impact protection and lean angle. Is this a good assumption to make?
what you want is a KKS cage from www.myspace.com/impaktech .... it has EXCELLENT shin/drifting/cornering clearance AND offers full protection from drops...best cage on the market IMO

Name:  05-06KKScage.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  49.4 KB
Old 02-21-2010, 10:09 AM

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Towlieee
That's the whole POINT of the tygershark design!

spreads the load out, makes the load push the cage in 2 different directions.. Impacts the bottom part first, forcing the cage in a downwards and inwards direction in relationship to the bike, then instantly hits the slider forcing the cage in a upwards and inwards direction, counteracting the first blow, and removing even more stress from the bike

Now I don't know how they are on kawi's, but on honda's, that design IMO is money. Built my cage to work just the same on my f4i, hit the bottom bar then the top
i ran one...it was GARBAGE...now i run IMPAKTECH
Old 02-21-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I barely crash though
I was looking at Flores bike at Indy and looked like your shins wouldn't hit at all. I will update though as soon as i get the cage and I will make sure to highside a highchair circle or something real hard to test it
so whats the update???i heard your selling your TS and getting a KKS impaktech cage....hahahahah....i wanna say.........i told you so..
Old 02-21-2010, 04:44 PM

Devin G 916 is a decent person

what would serve me the best?
I've never stunted, maybe down the road...

Just looking to protect incase of a low side, or a jackass kicking my bike over.

Is impaktech the best? I would have to cut a hole in my fairing which kinda sucks.

I'm just stuck on a decision between all the different cages.

03 GSXR 600
Old 02-21-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Devin G 916
what would serve me the best?
I've never stunted, maybe down the road...

Just looking to protect incase of a low side, or a jackass kicking my bike over.

Is impaktech the best? I would have to cut a hole in my fairing which kinda sucks.

I'm just stuck on a decision between all the different cages.

03 GSXR 600
IMPAKTECH FTW!!!!!! just cover the holes with a sticker when you resell or take the cage off or just dont run the crossbar
Old 02-21-2010, 09:01 PM

Devin G 916 is a decent person

I hear good about a-town, but I don't like the style, so thats out.
I hear BAD about Tyger shark, but hey they're kinda pricey anyway.
FI cages are just stupid
Powers is a no no
905 is a no no.

Are impaktech light? do they have good leg clearance?

My riding is more like school/work and around, i want to make sure that i can still do mach 10 around turns without catching the cage.

do they work ^?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:05 PM

Arslinger is a decent person

atown

Quick Reply: Best Cage Choise