02 GSXR FI Error Code 28

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:08 PM

usmcthundergod is a decent person
Unhappy 02 GSXR FI Error Code 28

I have an 02 GXSR 1000 and have a few questions....

I am pulling an FI error code 28. I know this is means the SECONDARY THROTTLE VALVE ACTUATOR is not working or has gone bad.
  • How do I repair or replace this?
  • Is this something I can do in my garage with ease with basic tools or something a more experienced soul should tackle or require special tools/equipment?
  • About how much will this cost to repair or replace if I do it or if the dealership does it?
  • When the actuator goes bad or is not working properly what should the bike be doing, not doing, how should it run....what are the symptoms of the secondary throttle valvle actuator going out or bad?
  • I am only pulling a C28 code. If there are multiple error codes with the panel roll thru or flash all the problem codes or will only one code flash? If only one code pulls up at a time how do I get the other codes to pull up?
  • Is there anything that will cause the secondary actuators to go bad or what else would cause this error code to pop up?
Your help, advice and asssitance would be MOST appreciated!!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:31 PM

lczx6r is a decent person
Re: 02 GSXR FI Error Code 28

i have a 05 636 and if the FI light comes on how do you know what code it is?? curious...... is it like a car and you can put it on a reader??? and if you have a aftermarket pipe that could be a problem IF you have exhaust valves..... but you seem sure that its your throttle... sorry man cant help you there dont know too much bout gixxers..........
Old 07-05-2007, 10:46 PM

usmcthundergod is a decent person

Check out this link...might help you out. Anyone else wanna give me a shout and help me out?!

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthr...t=15091&page=1
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthr...t=15091&page=2
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthr...t=15091&page=3
Old 07-05-2007, 10:50 PM

cisco5311 is an unknown quantity at this point

you have to put it in dealer mode

there is a little white plug in your rear tail somewhere, it does not plug into anything, do this to it using a peice of wire or a paper clip
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dealer mode.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	196468  
Old 07-06-2007, 12:28 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by usmcthundergod
I have an 02 GXSR 1000 and have a few questions....

I am pulling an FI error code 28. I know this is means the SECONDARY THROTTLE VALVE ACTUATOR is not working or has gone bad.
  • How do I repair or replace this?
  • Is this something I can do in my garage with ease with basic tools or something a more experienced soul should tackle or require special tools/equipment?
  • About how much will this cost to repair or replace if I do it or if the dealership does it?
  • When the actuator goes bad or is not working properly what should the bike be doing, not doing, how should it run....what are the symptoms of the secondary throttle valvle actuator going out or bad?
  • I am only pulling a C28 code. If there are multiple error codes with the panel roll thru or flash all the problem codes or will only one code flash? If only one code pulls up at a time how do I get the other codes to pull up?
  • Is there anything that will cause the secondary actuators to go bad or what else would cause this error code to pop up?
Your help, advice and asssitance would be MOST appreciated!!!!

That is a very common problem with 01-02 GSXR 1000's, the servo motor goes bad.....They are very simple to swap out but the problem is you cannot order them seperalty, they can only be orderd from Suzuki with a complete set of throttle boddies So unless you buy a used one or a used set of throttle boddies your fucked...
Old 07-07-2007, 01:15 AM

lczx6r is a decent person

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
That is a very common problem with 01-02 GSXR 1000's, the servo motor goes bad.....They are very simple to swap out but the problem is you cannot order them seperalty, they can only be orderd from Suzuki with a complete set of throttle boddies So unless you buy a used one or a used set of throttle boddies your fucked...
+1 either its gone bad or like i said b4 if you have exhaust valves and you put on a aftermarket pipe and didnt put the adaptor kit on right then the servo motor keeps spinnin. therefore causin the FI light to stay on.........