View Poll Results: Ever laid a bike down??
YES
83.90%
NO
16.10%
Voters: 590. You may not vote on this poll

Ever laid a bike down?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 04:28 PM

zxcraig is a decent person
Re: Ever laid a bike down?

So Far Been Lucky In The Streets, But I Cant Keep My Bike Upright In The Lot.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:42 PM

tallyturbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Name:  bffad7f2.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  56.0 KB

yup this one sucked. car ran the stopsign. t-boned him going about 45. all i got was a few cuts and a little rash. lucky imo
Old 02-15-2007, 10:17 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

**** yeah i've crashed! what kindof question is that?
Old 02-24-2007, 10:59 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

to sum this thread up there is two kinds of riders. the ones that are going down and the ones that have been down! if you ride long enough you are gonna go down. and it probably won't be your fault. and stunting well its already been said... its given
Old 02-26-2007, 05:43 PM

r6streetfighter is a decent person

Broken clavicle, torn ac joint fractured top and bottom jaws, broke seven teeth, severed my bottom lip in half, nerve damage in my left hand hole in my right ankle. Still doin wheelies on the freeway but I wear my helmet now.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:22 AM

HARK is an unknown quantity at this point

I went down saturday and caused $3200 in damages to the bike. out of commision for a while
Old 02-28-2007, 07:40 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

I went down alot of times just practicing back in the day ,but that was before we used cages so usually would brake a case cover. you can see one of my crashes in the first urban street bike warriors video ,I start off the end credits I was doing a rear skitch and the bike started to get wobbly I couldnt pull back up so threw it down in some leaves and cracked 3 ribs. The crash I got the most road rash on ,I was in a 2nd gear standup on a friends tl 1000r about 5 ,6 yrs ago and must have gotten it to high cause the bike shut off at around 80mph and pulled me over the bars I tumbled for a while w/ shorts and a tshirt on. And then the last crash I had was about two years ago we were doing a show at a police memorial ride in the local highschool parking lot while it was raining pretty good I had just gotten there and couldnt really get traction to bring it up from a complete stop . Everytime I got it up it was after the tire had spun and I slammed the bar a few times gorilla scraping , Anyways one of the times I had 12d it hard and was on the bar trying to ride it out in a sitdown while it was still teter tottering from left to right it went to the right ,right off the bar. My foot was sticking out a bit and the 905 cage landed on my foot and just immediately crushed it , broke my foot.

There have been quite a few others , some im just now remembering again , like 50 mph no dampner endos that got the tank slap. But ive been doin this **** since the beginning and I have learned alot and also have been really lucky , but Ive had 3 good friends that wernt so lucky God rest there souls . Gotta stay focused and never give up , but be smart about every stunt you do ,calculated risks and practice is the only way to keep goin with this **** .
Old 03-01-2007, 10:47 AM

Jay17ray is a decent person

mine was dumb but funny.. i was learnin to ride, had the sheild up on my helmet, get something in my eye, and when i went to stop i wasnt paying attention where i stopped. Right over a dip in the pavement.. wheel on either side but deep enough that when i went to put my foot on the ground the bike kept goin over.. not a slow and collected stop either cause i couldnt see a darn thing. it starts fallin and as i go to put my foot out further to prevent it i realize my jeans were caught on the clutch. all i could think of was "please be on the right side ahhaha" it was the ex's bike and brand new.. hed only laid it down once adn the ferring was barely scratched. best part my ex was the one to help me get out from under the bike... his roommate sat there laughin even once he realized i was attached to the bike.. got right back on to ride and then realized i fucked my foot up hahaha.. love learnin to ride!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:22 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

hessogood is an unknown quantity at this point

I laid it down, slid it, fumbled it, flipped it and just about everything else you can do with it.

And Jay, What are you doing riding with your legs on the handlebars? Or why are you wearing jeans on your left arm.

Name:  c.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  58.1 KB

Name:  crash1.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  58.0 KB
Name:  oops1.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  oops3.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  43.7 KB
Name:  oops4.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  43.2 KB
Name:  oops5.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  45.3 KB
Name:  oops6.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  51.6 KB
Old 03-01-2007, 12:43 PM

Jay17ray is a decent person

ouchhhh
Old 03-01-2007, 12:56 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

teh clutch also connects to the motor
ive laid down my fair share of bikes what a strange thread for a a motorcycle forum!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:23 AM

FRO69 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jay17ray
ouchhhh
Dam your hot u wanna be my next X wife? J/K
Old 03-11-2007, 03:29 AM

FRO69 is a decent person

I laid my old bike down,with no fing gear on,no shirt on,in shorts,on a lightly sanded turn n my town . It fuking suked ***. The rash was hell and the bike was in peices many pices. Yea it suked.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:59 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

hessogood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FRO69
I laid my old bike down,with no fing gear on,no shirt on,in shorts,on a lightly sanded turn n my town . It fuking suked ***. The rash was hell and the bike was in peices many pices. Yea it suked.
Stupidity hurts doesn't it?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:27 AM

Dragonmwt is an unknown quantity at this point

Went down hard July 8th of 2006. Was out for a ride at Windy Ridge in Washington. Went up hauling *** the whole way. When we left out I took off at over 100mph. Got down a few easy corners and entered a hairpin at around 70mph. There are no speed signs on the road and I thought that the hairpin was one more down. Anyway I ended up riding it out for a ways before I finally highsided and went over the side. To make a long story short I stopped at 100 feet down took the bike to the chest and then slid down another 30 feet. The bike went down to about 330 ft. The crash cost me a 4 hour ride to the ER, a $100 hotel room, a $1000 tow bill to recover the bike, a week off work and a totalled 03 R1. First crash in 16 years of riding. Walked away with sprains and scrapes. Two people went off the same place the following day and died on the scene.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	St. Helens 2006, 71.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	191111   Click image for larger version

Name:	St. Helens 2006, 14.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	191112  
Old 04-14-2007, 08:48 PM

ninjastunter636 is a decent person
yup

long left turn and hit a small spot of oil=my bike left me in the middle of the road in the blink of a eye.spool on rear got tore off and tore a small hole in swingarm.2 lessons learned 1=never ride the middle of the lane.2=rear spools suck and will cost you more money for repairs than if thay were never on.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:45 AM

phxRRkid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dragonmwt
Went down hard July 8th of 2006. Was out for a ride at Windy Ridge in Washington. Went up hauling *** the whole way. When we left out I took off at over 100mph. Got down a few easy corners and entered a hairpin at around 70mph. There are no speed signs on the road and I thought that the hairpin was one more down. Anyway I ended up riding it out for a ways before I finally highsided and went over the side. To make a long story short I stopped at 100 feet down took the bike to the chest and then slid down another 30 feet. The bike went down to about 330 ft. The crash cost me a 4 hour ride to the ER, a $100 hotel room, a $1000 tow bill to recover the bike, a week off work and a totalled 03 R1. First crash in 16 years of riding. Walked away with sprains and scrapes. Two people went off the same place the following day and died on the scene.
damn bro, glad you're alright.....
Old 09-16-2008, 10:47 AM

phxRRkid will become famous soon enough

*bump* had to dust this one off....
Old 09-17-2008, 03:51 PM
NFP

NFP is a decent person

Yeip, got 8" scars on each are to prove it. Have hardware put in from breakin my inner forearms the first year I started riding. End of the season and I was pissin around on a back road. Rear end **** out and for some reason I rode it out all the way in the ditch where I did a tea cup over kettle and snapped both inner forearms and disslocated both wrists. That was a real fun day

Quick Reply: Ever laid a bike down?