New To Fmx Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:56 AM

23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New To Fmx Help Please

Originally Posted by nnrider
cr 250... stay away from the four stroke.... they are to heavy and just dont have the power you will want...
**** if I had a penny for everytime someone said that i'd be rich....

I ride both.... I have a 05 CR250 and an 02 CRF450.... my 450 has plenty enough power and infact I prefer to use it when doing FMX.... the 05 CR250 is good for motocross but thats about it.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:10 PM

brockmenold82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 23Chills
**** if I had a penny for everytime someone said that i'd be rich....

I ride both.... I have a 05 CR250 and an 02 CRF450.... my 450 has plenty enough power and infact I prefer to use it when doing FMX.... the 05 CR250 is good for motocross but thats about it.

Not hatin at all b/c i don't even ride FMX....but there has to be a reason that all the top pro's are usin 250 two strokes...just my opinion
Old 12-10-2007, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by brockmenold82
Not hatin at all b/c i don't even ride FMX....but there has to be a reason that all the top pro's are usin 250 two strokes...just my opinion
Oh there is.... it has to do with weight....or atleast most claim it has to do with weight...

But I once had an 05 KX250F which was lighter than my 05 CR250...

I can jump my 4stroker better than my 2stroker so its personal preference for me...

Im not hating on 2smokes.... but I love me a 4stroker!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by 23Chills
Oh there is.... it has to do with weight....or atleast most claim it has to do with weight...

But I once had an 05 KX250F which was lighter than my 05 CR250...

I can jump my 4stroker better than my 2stroker so its personal preference for me...

Im not hating on 2smokes.... but I love me a 4stroker!!!!!!!

Do you actually compete in these comps or is it just a "for fun" thing? I would love to get into competition but can't seem to find out how to get "noticed" the fact that I can't do a back flip will prolly hamper my chances but I have toyed with the idea of FMX and SX but don't wanna have two bikes. SX couldn't ride a 250 2-stroke in a predominantly 4-stroke class and am not good enough to roll with the big boys anyway...250F would get laughed out of a stadium in FMX...so there's my dellima... ?
Old 12-10-2007, 02:45 PM

Do you actually compete in these comps or is it just a "for fun" thing? I would love to get into competition but can't seem to find out how to get "noticed" the fact that I can't do a back flip will prolly hamper my chances but I have toyed with the idea of FMX and SX but don't wanna have two bikes. SX couldn't ride a 250 2-stroke in a predominantly 4-stroke class and am not good enough to roll with the big boys anyway...250F would get laughed out of a stadium in FMX...so there's my dellima... ?
Never done a FMX comp..... wish there was a place to in Ontario and i'd be there with bells on... and i surely don't think a 250F would get laughed at cuz im telling you my kx250F was better and lighter than my 05 CR250... and thats what id be jumping with...

I race locally in the CMX circut.... and do the odd show during their races when a track as the right set up... but I would not even call it a show its more of a demo.

I'd get a 250F.... perfect for both if you ask me....

Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 AM

flafmxer is a decent person

I've done demo's and a few comps out of country a few years ago, 2 strokes have more of the power delivery people doing fmx want. but to be honest it doesn't matter what bike you ride. As long as you can clear the jump safely. P.S. it's not as easy as just showup and do fmx.. I found out in 1999 before I turned pro that just because I could do all the tricks that where out at local ride spots didn't mean I could do comps and demos. I've been a pro since 2000 have traveled all over and have seen a lot of people hurt themselves. Have fun with it and get as much real practice as you can. also if youare going to build a ramp get the real plans. I have a thread on how to get into fmx.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by flafmxer
I've done demo's and a few comps out of country a few years ago, 2 strokes have more of the power delivery people doing fmx want. but to be honest it doesn't matter what bike you ride. As long as you can clear the jump safely. P.S. it's not as easy as just showup and do fmx.. I found out in 1999 before I turned pro that just because I could do all the tricks that where out at local ride spots didn't mean I could do comps and demos. I've been a pro since 2000 have traveled all over and have seen a lot of people hurt themselves. Have fun with it and get as much real practice as you can. also if youare going to build a ramp get the real plans. I have a thread on how to get into fmx.
Your right its not that easy, but considering I have been doing it for years and we have our own 300 acre compund it is that easy if there was a competition. Problem with Ontario is there is just not enough out there I guess.

At our spot we have a full mx track and 3 huge FMX steel kickers with 3 15x30 foot landings.... We have tried to hold events but due to city by-law BS we got slapped with a 20K fine...

I agree with two strokes having that power delivery because of the powerband being only a blip of the throttle away... I just have never been a huge fan of the 2 strokes but then again my background is primarly racing.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:55 PM

Dude, I'm heading to the great white north eh!!! We can hunt moose and ride together!!!:YEAH
Old 12-12-2007, 12:42 AM

stuntman29 is a decent person

why doesnt anyone like to represent the YZ 250 around here....

hate to say but being that Honda isnt going to make their 250 anymore you guys are going to have to move on....and the YZ is where its at....05 and newer that is....
Old 12-12-2007, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by stuntman29
why doesnt anyone like to represent the YZ 250 around here....

hate to say but being that Honda isnt going to make their 250 anymore you guys are going to have to move on....and the YZ is where its at....05 and newer that is....
Not as many people are riding the honda's. And when it comes to bikes it's all prefrence, being brand bias is just dumb now adays. Thay are all so good. I ride a Suzuki because I ride for team Suzuki. If I wasn't sponsored I'd ride a KTM because they come with the best stock components for freestyle, hell they just come with the best stock stuff period.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:03 AM

elaborate a little bit if you would on why the KTM is "better stock" for FREESTYLE versus the YZ??? Also do you agree with that same statement for SX and or AX???
Old 12-12-2007, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by flafmxer
Dude, I'm heading to the great white north eh!!! We can hunt moose and ride together!!!:YEAH
:YEAH lol better mount that shotgun rack to your RM then... lol
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM

elaborate a little bit if you would on why the KTM is "better stock" for FREESTYLE versus the YZ??? Also do you agree with that same statement for SX and or AX???
I'm not saying they are better bikes, but they come stock with excel rims, the strongest stock spokes and hubs on the market, adjustabe bars as well as top quality bars, nickel plated pipe, twin air filter, along with quick release air box cover, wave rotors... The only reason the other manufactuers started putting better equipment on their bike is because of KTM. And like I said I ride for Suzuki. I'm leaving today for California for a few shows. All bikes are good now. A yamaha is a great bike, but you shouldn't "push" a brand just because you like it. lol, I used to HATE Suzuki, but they have gotten better and are great bikes. Now Honda's suck, here's why, they totally droped their 2 stroke line which tells me they don't care about the bike buying public. They used to be super dependable great bikes and years ago they where the best by far. times change and now the high performance 4 stroke with all it's machanical maintenance and problems is all they offer.