the new movie called "torque"

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 03:42 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KENNETH929RR is a decent person
the new movie called "torque"

i saw on tv today that ice cube has a new movie out directed by the man who directed "fast and the furious" saw a couple of clips of it and it looks really good! keep your eyes peeled. sorry didnt hear when it suppose to come out... but i would think sometime soon, atleast by the summer.

i found some stuff on it...

Release Date: March 21st, 2003; (pushed back two months from January 17th, 2003)

Production Company: Village Roadshow Pictures, Original Films (XXX, The Fast and the Furious 2, The Skulls)

Distributor: Warner Bros.

Cast: Ice Cube (Trey Wallace), Martin Henderson (Cary Ford), Monet Mazur (Shane), Will Yun Lee (Val), Jay Hernandez, Faizon Love, Justina Machado, Christina Milian, Jaime Pressly (China), Nichole Robinson, Matt Schulze (Henry), Adam Scott, Fredro Starr

Director: Joseph Kahn (feature film debut of the prolific music video director; he was long expected to make his debut with Lazarus, the project that was formerly known as "Crow 4")

Screenwriter: Matt Johnson (first draft); rewrites by J.P. Donahue and Kevin Polay (feature debuts)

Premise: Set in the fast-paced world of motorcycle racing, this action movie shows what happens to long-time biker (and non-gang member) Cary Ford (Henderson) when he is framed by a long-time rival, Henry (Schulze), the leader of a biker gang called the Hellions for the murder of Sleepy D, the brother of Trey Wallace (Cube), the leader of the Machine, the most notorious and feared biker gang in the country. Cary and his friends must make a run for it as they have both Trey and his Machine bikers and the FBI on their tails... (Pressly plays Henry's girlfriend, who helps him frame Henry for the murder that he himself committed with the help of one of his gang members).

Filming: Production started on July 8th, 2002 in Los Angeles.

Genre: Action, Sports

Character Descriptions: FilmJerk.com (the site is tight with casting agencies, regularly providing character description pages like this one that give you *plenty* of detail about the movie)

Last edited by KENNETH929RR; 10-13-2002 at 03:46 AM.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:48 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Never heard of it... Sounds kinda cool though. I dont even remember the last time I went to see a movie. I'm always out riding instead
Old 10-13-2002, 03:51 AM

i can tell lol by all your posts...

your either riding or posting!
Old 10-13-2002, 03:53 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by KENNETH929RR
i can tell lol by all your posts...

your either riding or posting!

I was just trying to find a website or a trailer for it, but I can't find anything
Old 10-13-2002, 03:53 AM

Originally posted by nags

I was just trying to find a website or a trailer for it, but I can't find anything
i couldnt either, i just searched "torque"
Old 10-13-2002, 03:55 AM

Here's a link to some info about it and a pic of some of the bikes from the movie..

http://www.theav.com/abouttown/augus...9/article2.htm
Old 10-13-2002, 03:56 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
Also Jason Britton from Urban Assault did most of the bike stunts for the movie, I guess when you see Ice Cube ridin it's actually Jason. I rode with him once when I went to LA, he is hella cool and is a really good rider and racer, I will definalty check out the movie!!!!
Old 10-13-2002, 04:00 AM

NOW THATS A DREAM COME TRUE FOR SOMEONE....

THATS SWEET!
Old 10-13-2002, 04:01 AM

Originally posted by KENNETH929RR
NOW THATS A DREAM COME TRUE FOR SOMEONE....

THATS SWEET!
Definetley. Guess I'll have to check it out for sure now.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:17 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
ya that is off the hook, after doing a movie like that could you ever go back to making a regular stunnin video, with a little hand held camera, I would be so stoked to do some stunts in a real movie, maybe one day!!!
Old 10-13-2002, 12:53 PM

Slider is an unknown quantity at this point
jamie pressly

dude when i saw her name i was hooked before the pics!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2002, 12:55 PM

Caliboyzstunner is an unknown quantity at this point
BikerBoyz the movie

Well also there is another Hollywood movie coming out in Jan. Its called BikerBoyz filmed all here in La.

Actors.Laurence Fishborn, Breandan Fehr,Kid Rock, Lisa Bona,Laurence Tat, and more.

Some of the stuntiriders in the film are Myself, Mike Nicely, Wink1100,Tony, Iceman, Jerman Holt, Jon Jon, Dale Rutter, Jason Briiton yea he did both. Jason is a killer ridder who always comes up with new ****. Dont tell him but thats where i got the reverse elevator from..shhhhhhhh.lol.

I got lucky it was an all black movie mostly except Breandon Fehr and Kid Rock so i played breadons double on the bike. Fun we have behind the scenes footage that you will see at the end of our video in 1 week Caliboyz.com
The movie was filmed by DreamWorks
Well my loving sister got me this chair after i did the movie..isnt she great...:D
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mikes bike w hollywood chair.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	2118  

Last edited by Caliboyzstunner; 10-13-2002 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:04 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone contacted us about BikerBoyz but none of us wanted pay. The budget was small and they searched for some local stunters instead.

Congrads Caliboyzstunner on your accomplishment. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie w/ your moves.

Lata,
Bri
Old 10-17-2002, 07:05 AM

bri, not sure how you ment that comment, but me, jason britton and dale, are the only local ridders they had for biker boyz and torgue. Some of the other ridders where Wink100, jon jon, jermane holt, iceman, tony, kevin frasier, and many more. Low budget or not i worked 15 days and got 20,000 and more for doing everything i did. The money they paided everyday and stunt adjustments mad me happy enough to do it. Jason and myself got 1000 dollars everytime we did and elevator and i cant count how many i did. Im not bragging no way, shape or form but they way you mad it seem was that dte was to good to do the movei, and in my eyes of course they called you guyz i mean hell you guyz are the top stunners out there nxt to me.lol jk. im just lucky and i look really good.lol. Well thx for the props and i hope you check out our video it has some behind the scenes shots of me and everyone on the movie. Caliboyz.com:D
Old 10-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
That is funny because I just re-read my post and it didn't make sense to me either LMAO!!! :D

What I meant was, someone contacted us about Biker Boyz about 6-7 months ago. We accepted the invitation.... I mean why not.... a friggin real movie? HELL YA!!. So we talked to them a few times and we came to the conclusion it was just too damn expensive to get us there (CA). We all live in Boston and after travel expenses it was easier for them to get other people. We couldn't possibly afford it ourselves. Christ!, We would have done it for free as long as they paid for travel.

It sucks it didn't work out. I'm glad they found some cool peeps though. I can't wait to see the movie. So you had some stunts in the flick? Let me know which stunts so when I watch the movie I can pick ya out.

Lata,
Bri
Old 10-17-2002, 11:14 AM
Regular StuntLifer

SpeedyCycles is an unknown quantity at this point
I am still waiting for a check from a guy named "Augustin" on that movie. We organized about 80 extras and we have had to jump thru several hoops to get paid. I hope anyone else that had anything to do with this movie gets paid with less hassel than "SpeedyCycles".

Hopefully our name will show at the ending credits.

Frank
Old 10-17-2002, 02:57 PM

Bri thats good to know that youd didnt mean it like that. I didnt think you where like that. I have a couple of main scenes like me and Jermane holt doing handstands, ( he doing a reverse hdstand), i did some eleveators, and a really cool scene with these 400 dolla skitchen shoes, all flint at the bottom, when we put them on and walked they sparked hella. Thx for the comps bri let me knw where i can send your copy of caliboyz vol 1.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:09 PM

icehot113 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn, that is sweet you all got paid pretty good loot for the movie! what a bonus for all ur hard work practicing!
-icehot113
Old 11-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Regular StuntLifer

SpeedyCycles is an unknown quantity at this point
I finally received my check today for "Torque". I had been getting the run around from Christopher Gray Casting, and I finally received a check from "Big Wheel Productions, LLC". I am somewhat new to this. Is this normal to wait to get a check from someone and it be from someone other than Warner? Also, did you have to send them an "invoice"?

Frank
Old 11-11-2002, 04:45 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
cash the check and dont ask no questions!

Thomas

Quick Reply: the new movie called "torque"