need your help - 11b

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:19 PM

alpinestars88 is a decent person
need your help - 11b

hey my names mike i recently got out of the service after serving for 3 years i need some help / advice from my fellow military brothers

so this is what happened i bought an 06 cbr1000 from a guy off criagslist.. he had a loan out on the bike and still owed 4100 on it i payed him 4500 for the bike ( watch is a good deal ) we went to a notary had a bill of sale made up saying ( he sold me the bike with the vin number for 4500 and is going to pay it off and i will get the title in 2 weeks also i want to add the loan place also hold the title so until the loans payed off i have no title for my bike and if he stops paynig on it they will come take the bike ) well that was more than a month ago and dude is playing the ******* card....not picking up his phone, no texts back, etc so i called the loan place and found out he never even called them or even better never payed off the loan and the loan place has been trying to get a hold of him for the past month i feel like going to this dudes house and smashing is stupid ******* head in but i know that wont help me get my money back

my question is what can i do? can i take him to small claims court? and if yes i can what if he has nothing worth 4500 to pay me back? i have read that if he doesnt has any money or have anything worth paying me back that i am pretty much screwed so i need a much help as possible here

also since the loan is in his name can i just go buy a clean titled frame swap everything over to that new clean titled frame and wash my hands from this whole deal? like if the loan place comes to get there bike ( they know i now have it ) can i get in trouble for swapping frames? or can i hand the loan place the old frame and say here you go this is how i got it can i get introuble for doing so?

any help would be great i am new to this site and i figured you guys would be my best bet sorry if i am in the wrong thread.... thanks again

Last edited by alpinestars88; 12-23-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:13 PM

ridin is a decent person
Re: need your help - 11b

if you have something in writing or proof that this deal was done with him agreeing to it you can take him to court. Also i believe even with him having nothing of value he can still be court ordered to pay you some type of amount if ordered by the judge which would force him to get a job or whatever to come up with the cash
Old 02-04-2012, 09:08 PM

burn3d313 is a decent person

hey bro I'm a 31b (military police) out of Michigan this is what i have seen happen to alot of people, from what I know if you have a bill of sale from the person have you faxed them a copy of it and also i would say contact a lawyer if you have a signature from you and him that is as good as a contract now don't quote me on this but I almost had the same issue when i bought mine untill i showed the Secretary of sate that bill of sales they where thinking I stole the bike at first because the old title was half missing. talk to a lawyer and i hope this helps some and i wish u the best of luck
Old 03-13-2012, 02:33 PM

EDUBon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

the simplest thing to do is play the ******* card back....get you a clean frame swap everything over, and if the loan company comes back at you tell them you gave it back to him, bottom line is hes still liable to the loan company for the balance of the loan, that way you get your bike and you're out of his whole scam, its been my experience small claims courts are full of ****